10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest fear is the underlying quality isn’t there. Wouldn’t the first player to move to a big club and struggle to adapt to the higher level. Still plenty of time though so I wouldn’t write him off completely. But I can’t say I’m not worried anymore. He’s just not moving the needle.
In my opinion he starts the big games at the end of this season with Phil and Mahrez. He doesn’t have the big goals in him yet, but he do have a creativity we lack up front if Jesus och sterling starts instead. Only way i don’t see him start is if gundo starts in the middle and Kevin false 9, like last season.

Next season when we have a striker I predict Grealish - bar any injury will achieve his best overall record for assists/goals in his career, as he is constantly putting great balls into the box and no-one finishes them. I’ve no doubt at all he will be a great signing for us over the next few years now that I’ve watched him a considerable amount.

I don’t want to jump on Grealish, I’ve made my opinions quite clear on him. But am happy to wait and hopefully be proved wrong.

But I have to ask this if you and others with a similar thinking, if we do add Haaland for example, where would Grealish play? Foden would go left, Mahrez right and the striker central.
De Bruyne, Gundogan & Bernardo for the 8’s.

A big name striker would close off one position to him. Leaving him just forward left, and he’s behind Sterling & Foden.

I don’t want to jump on Grealish, I’ve made my opinions quite clear on him. But am happy to wait and hopefully be proved wrong.

But I have to ask this if you and others with a similar thinking, if we do add Haaland for example, where would Grealish play? Foden would go left, Mahrez right and the striker central.
De Bruyne, Gundogan & Bernardo for the 8’s.

A big name striker would close off one position to him. Leaving him just forward left, and he’s behind Sterling & Foden.
Even I don't think there is such a thing as a fixed 11 now. They'll all get plenty of time.
Not sure he's behind Sterling though.

In my opinion he starts the big games at the end of this season with Phil and Mahrez. He doesn’t have the big goals in him yet, but he do have a creativity we lack up front if Jesus och sterling starts instead. Only way i don’t see him start is if gundo starts in the middle and Kevin false 9, like last season.

I know what you mean. I think it's a coin toss between him and Sterling because they present different options and different problems. The fact Jack is still bedding into the team means you may well be right.

If ever a player needs a big goal and/or performance it's him though. I think he knows he's not as good as the rest of the attackers and it's in his head a little bit.

Incredibly talented player, proven his ability at villa and a few occasions here. Good thinker on the game, desperate to improve under Pep who really rates him. Decent human being to boot .... but hey, let's write him off.
I am sorry but nothing you wrote here is indisputable?

"incredibly talented player" - is he? Or perhaps he's a one season wonder at villa? So far at city I am not seeing a lot of that "talent", I am seeing a player who's struggling to get anything right
"Good thinker of the game" - REALLY? a good thinker?! for me his footballing IQ is by far his worst attribute. exemplified by his baffling decision last week to pick a random fight in the 94th minute against palace as we were chasing a goal.
"Desperate to improve under pep" - is that why he keeps embarrassing him by getting shitfaced weekly, making headlines in all the wrong places, showing up to training hungover. is that a player desperate to improve?
"decent human being" - is he? do you know him personally? I don't know him personally so I can't attest to it so i'll have to take your word for it, but that seems like conjecture from you. hasn't he driven drunk in the past?

I like Jack, but he's a poor false 9. I've had this conversation with other people who claim we are wasting Foden there, but he's the only person he gets close to working the system. It's not his fault really.

"incredibly talented player" - is he? Or perhaps he's a one season wonder at villa? So far at city I am not seeing a lot of that "talent", I am seeing a player who's struggling to get anything right
"Good thinker of the game" - REALLY? a good thinker?! for me his footballing IQ is by far his worst attribute. exemplified by his baffling decision last week to pick a random fight in the 94th minute against palace as we were chasing a goal.
"Desperate to improve under pep" - is that why he keeps embarrassing him by getting shitfaced weekly, making headlines in all the wrong places, showing up to training hungover. is that a player desperate to improve?
"decent human being" - is he? do you know him personally? I don't know him personally so I can't attest to it so i'll have to take your word for it, but that seems like conjecture from you. hasn't he driven drunk in the past?
Bloody hell.

You're right nothing is indisputable. Absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.