10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defending of a truly awful performance on this thread is truly hilarious. If that was a Sancho performance at United we would be ripping him a new one.
But, he has the most touches 13 passes before a shot is taken of any footballer with Jack in his name in the history of football. Not his fault those are not converted to goals....
"truly awful" hahahaha

I’ve no doubt he’ll come good but his playing time for the run in should be substantially reduced as he simply isn’t grabbing games by the scruff of the neck. I’d have Silva, Mahrez, foden, sterling and Jesus all ahead of him in those wide positions and Gundogan is the deputy for the 8 slots.

I love spacegoats.
artworks-000058281090-xkf9g5-t500x500.jpg

First 20 minutes he was very decent in receiving the ball deep to help get us out of the press, went downhill from there though.

His work rate was piss poor after recent signs of improvement, false 9 doesn't give you a licence to casually jog around the pitch. Seeing gundogan and kdb sprinting past him to close down somebody he should be right on top of is not a good look, there's zero reasons for him to not be running as much and as hard as the others by now after this long in the side, that's just a prerequisite for selection.

Somehow also offered even less of a goal threat than the others who are also shoehorned into the false 9 role and are largely anonymous. He doesn't get himself forward quick enough after dropping deep and it's not like we play lightning quick attacking football either. Should have scored, 8 yards out on his strong foot and he doesn't shoot on the swivel, Come on! Mahrez and foden come on and make the impact our attackers have to be making, don't see him making that impact right now.

Needs to be sidelined for the remainder of the season, we're at the crucial stage now, no more dropped points are allowed, has to be best side as much as possible and he is currently some way down the pecking order for me. Third choice for the left and even further down as the 9. Could be impactful from the bench, if pep remembers we have one.

My biggest fear is the underlying quality isn’t there. Wouldn’t the first player to move to a big club and struggle to adapt to the higher level. Still plenty of time though so I wouldn’t write him off completely. But I can’t say I’m not worried anymore. He’s just not moving the needle.

Nonsense.

Jack Grealish was signed in the full expectation that Harry Kane would be joining us. That being the case, it's almost 100% certain that Pep had plans in place for a Kane/Grealish partnership this season. Any such plans were scuppered by Levy digging his heels in.

What we're seeing now is Pep making best use of Jack Grealish rather than have him scratching his arse waiting for a target man (hopefully Haaland, perhaps still Kane) to arrive in the summer.

Be patient.

Nonsense.

Jack Grealish was signed in the full expectation that Harry Kane would be joining us. That being the case, it's almost 100% certain that Pep had plans in place for a Kane/Grealish partnership this season. Any such plans were scuppered by Levy digging his heels in.

What we're seeing now is Pep making best use of Jack Grealish rather than have him scratching his arse waiting for a target man (hopefully Haaland, perhaps still Kane) to arrive in the summer.

Be patient.
This is the best one yet

feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle with Jack.

he's not been nearly as bad as some would make out, but there's more to come from him. I thought he was fantastic against United, good against Palace, and mediocre today. but he's never been bad as some make him at to be. his poor performances are more "meh" then actively bad

that being said, we won't see the best of him until next year. as has been the case with nearly every player brought in under Pep

Last edited:
Feel like we can all agree that today's performance was an "average" grealish performance, right? He's had some better, some worse, but most of his performances looked like they did today. I think what were disagreeing is the rating. For me it was a 4/10. Other people give it a 6/10. And that's where I'd put his season at for me, a 4/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.