10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have defended him because we have seen time and time again how it takes players a season to get used to our play. That being said, he is miles off what we need. The standard he needs to get to for next season is a monumental jump from his current level.

It’s all well and good not focussing on G/A stats but his overall play is just so negative and safe that it’s like having a CDM playing wide left. It’s not just him as an individual that it impacts either. Foden is being lobbed up top to accommodate him and we are now seeing a below-par Phil.

He cost £100m and while that’s not his fault, I would be disappointed with his current contributions had he cost a fraction of that figure.

Utter wank today
Disagree with that mate. He does a huge job for the team. He hardly ever loses the ball which means we don’t get countered. He also made loads of runs of the ball which he would have been through on goal which weren’t spotted. You don’t realise what he does for the team unless you watch him live. Same with Sterling. They both get shit loads of stick by fans that don’t actually go to matches and just look at stats

I have defended him because we have seen time and time again how it takes players a season to get used to our play. That being said, he is miles off what we need. The standard he needs to get to for next season is a monumental jump from his current level.

It’s all well and good not focussing on G/A stats but his overall play is just so negative and safe that it’s like having a CDM playing wide left. It’s not just him as an individual that it impacts either. Foden is being lobbed up top to accommodate him and we are now seeing a below-par Phil.

He cost £100m and while that’s not his fault, I would be disappointed with his current contributions had he cost a fraction of that figure.
This happens every year. We sign someone, it takes a season to fire, he gets shit on here, then everyone is up his arse. I’ll bet you anything you want this will happen with grealish

He doesn't work as a left winger for us.

One would expect him to emulate Mahrez because of their style, slightly slower but better on the ball wingers.

But Mahrez is much more dynamic while Grealish plays it safe, perhaps under instruction, he does help us keep the ball better. It's a bit odd because at England he seemed way more in tune with going at his man.

I think his natural position is midfield, he seems to fade out wide where he isn't the center of play, but we have 3 other phenomenal players there so no time.

Ball retention is high like Mahrez first season and half where we were saying the same things we saying about Grealish.

Pep doesn’t pick players if they are poor.

This happens every year. We sign someone, it takes a season to fire, he gets shit on here, then everyone is up his arse. I’ll bet you anything you want this will happen with grealish
I hope you’re right but as I said there is a massive jump required. I know you’ve said in another post that he never loses the ball and while that’s great he is playing wide left…he should be losing the ball sometimes because he should be challenging the full back. We haven’t shelled out £100m for him to get the ball, slow it down and pass to Cancelo all the time. We need more than this next season.

The difference between his performance for city and for England are like night and day. Perhaps if Pep played him as a no 8 he would have far more impact . I don't think pep trusts him in midfield. He is not going to get any better playing where he is . He just doesn't seem to suit the style of play .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.