10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't work as a left winger for us.

One would expect him to emulate Mahrez because of their style, slightly slower but better on the ball wingers.

But Mahrez is much more dynamic while Grealish plays it safe, perhaps under instruction, he does help us keep the ball better. It's a bit odd because at England he seemed way more in tune with going at his man.

I think his natural position is midfield, he seems to fade out wide where he isn't the center of play, but we have 3 other phenomenal players there so no time.
I think Mahrez is just as negative as Grealish. Where Mahrez is light years ahead is that he gets in dangerous goal-scoring areas. At the moment Grealish keeps possession but doesn’t look remotely dangerous. Mahrez keeps possession and scores goals.

I hope you’re right but as I said there is a massive jump required. I know you’ve said in another post that he never loses the ball and while that’s great he is playing wide left…he should be losing the ball sometimes because he should be challenging the full back. We haven’t shelled out £100m for him to get the ball, slow it down and pass to Cancelo all the time. We need more than this next season.
I think we’ll find he’ll be in midfield more next season. He’s 100m midfielder not a left winger. As others move on he’ll slot in there and will be awesome. In the meantime he’s doing a job. Next week it’ll be Foden, Mahrez, Sterling anyway so no need to stress :))

I think Mahrez is just as negative as Grealish. Where Mahrez is light years ahead is that he gets in dangerous goal-scoring areas. At the moment Grealish keeps possession but doesn’t look remotely dangerous. Mahrez keeps possession and scores goals.
Mahrez is definitely better at finding spots to take shots at.

But I disagree that he is as negative, Mahrez attempts to dribble past his man all the time in games, Grealish dribbles alot too, but then stops and passes sideways.

Grealish isn't a goal scorer . He has no composure in front of goal what so ever.

His presence made it is easy for the guys to play decent football.

What a leader and motivator, good job Jack <3

The one thing iv always said about pep teams and this team in particular is 'we could really use a player who knows how to keep the ball'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.