10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took Mahrez, Gundogan and Bernardo a year until they showed their best.

Yes, indeed, but all 3 were offering key contributions. For comparison, Mahrez who was nicknamed FFS had 24 direct goal contributions in his poor season.

Grealish to date, hasn’t directly influenced one tight or meaningful game. Hopefully he does.

8 league games to go, we can’t be carrying a forward who doesn’t score or assist .

Who is pep going to drop from midfield to play grealish and foden there.
I’m not thinking next season, unless Bernardo still wants to leave. But the season after maybe Gundogan. I do think the season after next though at least one of them will be playing in midfield.
Though also an injury to one of KDB ,Bernardo or Gundogan would also see at least one of them playing there.

I think Mahrez is just as negative as Grealish. Where Mahrez is light years ahead is that he gets in dangerous goal-scoring areas. At the moment Grealish keeps possession but doesn’t look remotely dangerous. Mahrez keeps possession and scores goals.

I'd disagree, Mahrez actively looks for eye of the needle passes to make. How many inswinging crosses or shots does Mahrez attempt in comparison to Grealish? Mahrez keeps the ball well and has offensive instincts that Grealish hasn't really shown.

View attachment 39514

State of some of these posts in this thread.

Back the fuckin lad up, it's not his fault he cost 100m.

He's not superhuman, let him breathe.
This is the most sensible post of the day. I for one think Jack is doing ok and will only get better. He will have a very important role to play and hopefully most will agree with the above sentiment.

Yes, indeed, but all 3 were offering key contributions. For comparison, Mahrez who was nicknamed FFS had 24 direct goal contributions in his poor season.

Grealish to date, hasn’t directly influenced one tight or meaningful game. Hopefully he does.

8 league games to go, we can’t be carrying a forward who doesn’t score or assist .
Why would we carry him ? Do you think Pep picks teams with passengers in it ?

Unfortunately his price tag will haunt him forever for the rest of his city playing career, no matter how good he play and potentially win all the throphy for the club by the time his city career is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.