10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez posted plenty of goals and assists, gundy had to get over a serious injury, even bernie was productive
The whole "it took Bernie ten seasons to settle in" excuse is one that I try not to pay any attention to anymore. Its an over used, stale excuse that was never even true to begin with.

The whole "it took Bernie ten seasons to settle in" excuse is one that I try not to pay any attention to anymore. Its an over used, stale excuse that was never even true to begin with.

Seems a bit of an odd one to be honest. Bernardo wasn’t this Bernardo, but even competing against Sane & Sterling he still racked up 20 goals and assists.
Grealish is on 7.

The argument seems to be that Grealish is brilliant at everything else, well, so was Bernardo, so was Mahrez.

Mahrez posted plenty of goals and assists, gundy had to get over a serious injury, even bernie was productive

I agree that I want more from Grealish but that's a rewriting of history.

Mahrez is called FFS on here because of his first season.

I forgot about Gundogan having an injury so yeah it was unfair to include him.

Bernardo spent most of his first year on the bench.

I think Grealish will improve next season, especially as he'll have a striker to aim for.

And a reported £300k a week. Absolute joke.
I think waiting for a bit longer to see what happens is only fair. But it is strange times when you pay that huge amount in fees and wages and appear to have a bang average player. Like when you pay that much you expect the purchase to hit the ground running not have to wait around for a year to see some progress. But maybe that's just the PG way. Let's hope so anyway.

So you do think Pep picks a player that is being carried and isn’t good enough at a vital time of the season. Okay then, why ?

I’ve no idea. Are you seriously telling me that Grealish is carrying his weight in terms of influencing the games? He hasn’t to date offered a single telling goal or assist in over 2000 minutes of football. I’ve asked this question in the post match thread, if Liverpool pip us to the title and the UCL, will Pep still be right in persisting with a player with next to no goal threat in a key position?

If Liverpool do pip us it’s most likely that they have 5 incredibly dangerous and affective forwards. We have 2 at most 3.

If we pip them, it’s due to a brilliant level
of consistency and tactics.

I don’t think Grealish is a bad player, far from it. I just don’t get him for us. Pep is undoubtedly the best coach in the World, but he has been desperate to sign Maguire & Sanchez. So, there’s no doubting he has a blind spot.

Lets put this fucking fallacy to rest.

He has had more minutes then the rest of them had in their first season and yet there's nothing to show for it. Pep's clearly trying to shoe-horn him into the team
I agree that I want more from Grealish but that's a rewriting of history.

Mahrez is called FFS on here because of his first season.

I forgot about Gundogan having an injury so yeah it was unfair to include him.

Bernardo spent most of his first year on the bench.

I think Grealish will improve next season, especially as he'll have a striker to aim for.

stat.JPG

Last edited:
I think waiting for a bit longer to see what happens is only fair. But it is strange times when you pay that huge amount in fees and wages and appear to have a bang average player. Like when you pay that much you expect the purchase to hit the ground running not have to wait around for a year to see some progress. But maybe that's just the PG way. Let's hope so anyway.
I feel anyone who earns millions and millions a year who cost his employer 100m can be judged at any time. I don't understand why so many posters make continuous excuses for him and apparently he's gonna flip a magic switch as soon as the calendar year changes and be a different player all of a sudden. I wonder what the excuses will be next year when he's still not offering anything.

People talk about him settling in and it's all bollocks imo he's playing the sport he's played all his life , he's only moved from Birmingham, it's April and he's been piss poor.
Players uproot their families and take their kids out of school moving halfway across the world to a country where they don't speak the language and still manage to deliver on the pitch.

He's done nothing but exist on the pitch during his time so far but God forbid you criticise him for blatantly under performing on this forum. I read the other day about how he isn't playing well because we didn't sign Harry Kane. The fucking leeway and excuses being made for this waste of space is rediculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.