10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve no idea. Are you seriously telling me that Grealish is carrying his weight in terms of influencing the games? He hasn’t to date offered a single telling goal or assist in over 2000 minutes of football. I’ve asked this question in the post match thread, if Liverpool pip us to the title and the UCL, will Pep still be right in persisting with a player with next to no goal threat in a key position?

If Liverpool do pip us it’s most likely that they have 5 incredibly dangerous and affective forwards. We have 2 at most 3.

If we pip them, it’s due to a brilliant level
of consistency and tactics.

I don’t think Grealish is a bad player, far from it. I just don’t get him for us. Pep is undoubtedly the best coach in the World, but he has been desperate to sign Maguire & Sanchez. So, there’s no doubting he has a blind spot.
But, if that
brilliant level
of consistency and tactics
includes picking Grealish...

people talking about players who know to keep the ball realize we've almost conceded today from grealish losing the ball unnecessarily from overdribbling near our own half

Part of a great team that won again. Well done to him and to the others that earned us another 3 points.

I’ve no idea. Are you seriously telling me that Grealish is carrying his weight in terms of influencing the games? He hasn’t to date offered a single telling goal or assist in over 2000 minutes of football. I’ve asked this question in the post match thread, if Liverpool pip us to the title and the UCL, will Pep still be right in persisting with a player with next to no goal threat in a key position?

If Liverpool do pip us it’s most likely that they have 5 incredibly dangerous and affective forwards. We have 2 at most 3.

If we pip them, it’s due to a brilliant level
of consistency and tactics.

I don’t think Grealish is a bad player, far from it. I just don’t get him for us. Pep is undoubtedly the best coach in the World, but he has been desperate to sign Maguire & Sanchez. So, there’s no doubting he has a blind spot.

He has a bind spot as well in insisting on playing foden as a false 9.

But, if that
brilliant level
of consistency and tactics
includes picking Grealish...

Our best run of form came without him
though.. Where we closed the gap, went clear and surmounted a huge GD gap.

We are a brilliant team, we carried a terrible Sterling for months. We can carry players. No one is saying Grealish is a duffer, but he’s simply not putting up numbers.

He’s scored against Peterborough, against Leipzig when we scored 6, Leeds where we scored 7, Norwich we scored 5.

Every other attacking player has won is a game this season. He hasn’t. Even Rodri has won us a game.

He has to, as Grealish is abysmal there. At the end of last season, Foden was arguably our most important player. He’s been shunted for Grealish.
Well do you not think for the long term Pep needs to buy a proper 9 instead of playing foden there ?.

Well do you not think for the long term Pep needs to buy a proper 9 instead of playing foden there ?.

I personally would want a flexible forward to play in all 3 positions. Don’t think we suit a 9. But a proper 9 would score loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.