10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long winded way of saying he's been shite so far, certainly gone out of your way to make excuses for him.
I was specifically addressing the common argument that he couldn't play or hadn't played in midfield, or that it wouldn't be something he or Pep would be considering.

I'm making no excuses. I think he's been decent. I think he has more to come.

I don't see the value in judging him purely on goals and assists because he's never been prolific at either and the club still wanted him badly anyway. That said, I think he can improve those numbers and from what he's said he's trying to do that.

I think he gives us space and control. I see people complaining that he doesn't fit into our team, but often when he's on the pitch it seems to me that the team plays better than when he's not there.

I think he's playing within himself a lot of the time, as if he's scared of making mistakes. But I can understand that if what's said here is representative of any kind of feedback he hears, because there are plenty in this thread who'll say he's shit because he doesn't take enough risks, then rip him if he loses the ball. The confidence will come with time.

The thread is becoming more and more ridiculous.

Apart from a lively Sterling, no one else seemed to be really impressive or really bad. It is a warm-up match against Burnley after international break. 3 points and job done. Give Bernado and Mahrez who both played difficult games in their national team a chance to rest.

I don't think Grealish played great but he was certainly no worse than Foden yesterday. Both played it safe and I can only suspect that it was an order from Pep.

Indeed Manchester evening gave Foden and Grealish both a 7. Si.com gave them both 6.

There have been 6 replies on Foden thread but pages of replies on this thread... Really?because

Because Foden isn't really a worry for us, Grealish is. Foden's been good if unspectacular in the false 9 role which leaves him ultimately isolated. Grealish is playing in his preferred position conversely while certainly not convincing that he should be there as opposed to any of our other wingers.

The thread is becoming more and more ridiculous.

Apart from a lively Sterling, no one else seemed to be really impressive or really bad. It is a warm-up match against Burnley after international break. 3 points and job done. Give Bernado and Mahrez who both played difficult games in their national team a chance to rest.

I don't think Grealish played great but he was certainly no worse than Foden yesterday. Both played it safe and I can only suspect that it was an order from Pep.

Indeed Manchester evening gave Foden and Grealish both a 7. Si.com gave them both 6.

There have been 6 replies on Foden thread but pages of replies on this thread... Really?
He was alright again wasn’t he? Please don’t mention Foden in the same breath as he continues to do the dead mans shift until we get a striker next season

That was the first time Jack lost the ball in a similar situation since August and what's more important, I think it was a foul.

KDB from December till the end of March has lost the ball like that 10-15 times against a different teams.

So, if that determines central midfielder - than we can say that about KDB as well - which is nonsense.

Same applies to Jack - he will be a great midfielder for sure and that's why club payed 100m..

KDB may have lost the ball plenty, but he actually makes things happen and isn’t being championed as amazing at ball retention.

For you Jonny come lately’s, when Pep transitioned Bernardo for forward left to central midfield, he played him there, often with Gundogan in cup games and even winning to rest the established central midfield of Silva & De Bruyne.
Grealish has been here 9 months and he’s either played false 9 or forward left, forward left being the position he’s played his entire career.

Foden has had a bit of game time in centre mid, so if Pep is thinking of moving anyone, it will be him. As that’s Phil’s natural position.

People aren’t discussing Foden for 3 simple reasons. 1, he’s produced time and time again for the club. 2, he’s playing false 9 which isn’t his position. 3, he’s not playing his best because Grealish is in his position..

Put it this way, if Foden had over 2000 minutes forward left, he’d be well in double figures for goals & assists. And be good at holding and running with the ball. Grealish and Foden are leagues apart.

Last edited:
Grealish is doing ok. In some games he has been very effective and in other games not so much. The fee is not an issue. Players are not machines and it will take him time to find his feet at city. No excuses but reality away from the online world. I feel he needs a big moment over the next 2/3 weeks. The Liverpool game would be a good time for him to take the next step. Writing off players early never ends well. Mahrez, Gundo, sterling, all 3 struggled for periods in their city career due to many factors.

Get behind the lad. No one who is a genuine blue wants to see him fail.

He’s doing OK. The price tag is nothing to do with him and is the buyout. I’m sure City would have offered less if they could.

I think some Blues were expecting more from him by now perhaps correctly but for me he is about where I thought he would be.

Im not really sure what people were expecting from Grealish this season. But he was never going to thrive if we didn’t sign a striker.
Fwiw I think he’s done ok this season and has shown signs of improvement as the season has gone on.

Sounds like he’s about to sign a big deal with Gucci. That won’t hurt him
or the club..

I'll cut straight to the chase . For £100m he has been a huge disappointment. Maybe if pep played him in his best position he might have thrived. Fucking hell being able to hold onto the ball and draw a foul isnt worth anything like that.
Fuck all goals and fuck all assists. Come on Jack get your finger out.
Nasri did all that plus he had his match winning moments and by today's market standards, The fee we paid for Nasri would be evaluated at about 45m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.