10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long term, is he a midfielder or left winger?
Hopefully a midfielder as he’s clearly a brilliant footballer. Playing in a front 3 for City though I don’t think he’ll ever get the goals and assists we should be aiming for. Plus he doesn’t really stretch the opposition’s parked busses enough when out on the left.

I don't know if fans make more excuses for how average hes been or why the atmosphere is never great at the Etihad for 2 games in a row.

Long term, is he a midfielder or left winger?
He will never play regularly in midfield for us unless one of 2 things happens, either we drastically change both formation and style which is extremely unlikely, or, he has a monumental but not impossible change during the summer. He currently doesn't have even close to the work rate or the intensity in his game that is required to play as an 8 for Pep. Foden is getting better all the time at both, he's one of our best front pressers and plays with intensity but even he doesn't have it yet for midfield and he's currently miles ahead of Grealish in both regards.

People love to spread this fantasy about how amazing he would be in midfield on the ball, completely ignoring the fact he doesn't do the basics off it to even get him a chance in there. Its typically something you can expect to see substantial improvements in within a month or two of being here if not sooner yet the effort he put in as the number 10 against Liverpool showed just how bad this side of his game still is after 9 months here.

Because of this, Grealish will play most of his career here on the left, he doesn't fit anywhere else.

Oh! that means he didn't play extremely poorly then, surely.

Amazing at what straws posters will be clutching to avoid discussing subjects that are uncomfortable, i.e what an awful transfer he's been.

Some posters aren't kneejerk children and realise signings should be judged after a reasonable amount of time.

If we are judging from solely this season then Foden, Sterling, Jesus and Grealish should all be sold as none of them have had more than an average season.

Most people would realise that is a moronic opinion to hold but maybe you would agree with it!

Most of the new transfers need a period to adjust and for Guardiola's team & tactics this seems to be an entire season (eg. Rodri, Phil, Cancelo,..) . Only the truly great make an immediate impact and sadly it seems Graelish is not one of those.
But hopefully he will turn out like one of the above and help carry the team in the coming years.

I still have hope.

I don't know if fans make more excuses for how average hes been or why the atmosphere is never great at the Etihad for 2 games in a row.
He only played as a sub for less than half hour in the last 3 home game if my memory is correct. (TBH when thinking back I would say Pep should bring the trio at the start of the 2nd half, and we would probably got 2 goal up and saved much energy in the away game. But alright.)

I don't see anything to do with atmosphere. What would you expect? Subs dress in costumes when warming up to raise the atmosphere?

Last edited:
He will never play regularly in midfield for us unless one of 2 things happens, either we drastically change both formation and style which is extremely unlikely, or, he has a monumental but not impossible change during the summer. He currently doesn't have even close to the work rate or the intensity in his game that is required to play as an 8 for Pep. Foden is getting better all the time at both, he's one of our best front pressers and plays with intensity but even he doesn't have it yet for midfield and he's currently miles ahead of Grealish in both regards.

People love to spread this fantasy about how amazing he would be in midfield on the ball, completely ignoring the fact he doesn't do the basics off it to even get him a chance in there. Its typically something you can expect to see substantial improvements in within a month or two of being here if not sooner yet the effort he put in as the number 10 against Liverpool showed just how bad this side of his game still is after 9 months here.

Because of this, Grealish will play most of his career here on the left, he doesn't fit anywhere else.
He is very similar player to Hazard at Chelsea. Just doesn't dribble nearly as well. The way Foden or Mahrez (or Hazard) dribble past the FB fully is levels ahead of Grealish, who actually looks like he just side steps them and passes into a midfielder. He really needs to improve every facet of his game big time to become even close to a world class player if we're being brutally honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.