10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he plays without fear he is worth every penny of that 100m.

Hopefully,he and Pep find the formula.
I totally agree..Just wish if these twiiter comments are true he would buckle down, keep his mouth shut and accept he is lucky to have a title under his belt..Pep does not suffer fools gladly.

He's not saying anything controversial here. Just compares the two managers' styles (I'm sure no-one will be surprised to hear Southgate is a "do what you think" guy, despite his concerns about Grealish's tactical nous) and talks about how the freedom he feels at England is more inside him than because of the manager.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. He's been anxious to do what he's told and remember all his instructions and know his place and not ruffle any feathers and show respect to the players and manager he admires at City, and that's made him play overly safe.

At England, he's more relaxed and settled and his role is a little more like what was asked of him at Villa, so he's not so worried about his instructions and just goes out and plays.

It's just a matter of time and confidence for him to feel that freedom at City.

I totally agree..Just wish if these twiiter comments are true he would buckle down, keep his mouth shut and accept he is lucky to have a title under his belt..Pep does not suffer fools gladly.
What Twitter comments? He hasn't said anything remotely out of order or which would indicate he's not "buckling down". In fact, he literally says (Telegraph article) he wants to keep on improving for City, which presumably he knows will involve more hard work.

He also makes it clear he feels "lucky to have a title under his belt", so why should he "keep his mouth shut"? He's a high profile footballer who gets asked questions by the media and has to answer them. He always goes out of his way to praise City, Guardiola and his teammates (both for City and England).

And absolutely nothing he's said would upset Pep or make him feel he has to "suffer" him as a "fool". Comments implying such seem spiteful and unnecessary. I know Grealish has had to get used to spiteful, unnecessary comments from rival fans, but I can't imagine what he's said that would upset any City fan to make them hop on that particular bus.

And not for nothing, but it's always better to read the full articles/interviews, rather than just out-of-context Twitter quotes, before jumping in to comment, particularly in a nasty way.

Edit to add: Telegraph article and BBC Sport articles. Similar content but few differences.

Last edited:
What Twitter comments? He hasn't said anything remotely out of order or which would indicate he's not "buckling down". In fact, he literally says (Telegraph article) he wants to keep on improving for City, which presumably he knows will involve more hard work.

He also makes it clear he feels "lucky to have a title under his belt", so why should he "keep his mouth shut"? He's a high profile footballer who gets asked questions by the media and has to answer them. He always goes out of his way to praise City, Guardiola and his teammates (both for City and England).

And absolutely nothing he's said would upset Pep or make him feel he has to "suffer" him as a "fool". Comments implying such seem spiteful and unnecessary. I know Grealish has had to get used to spiteful, unnecessary comments from rival fans, but I can't imagine what he's said that would upset any City fan to make them hop on that particular bus.

And not for nothing, but it's always better to read the full articles/interviews, rather than just out-of-context Twitter quotes, before jumping in to comment, particularly in a nasty way.

Edit to add: Telegraph article and BBC Sport articles. Similar content but few differences.
I think there was a bit of shit stirring on Sky sports this morning by reporting these comments, they seemed very selective to me. It wouldn’t be the first time.

It's no different to what he said in this interview... He articulated himself perfectly here, really sounds like a mental/nervous type of block more than anything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.