10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudiger can finally express the real thought after leaving Chelsea. NO need to mind Mason Mount's feeling now I guess.

It is such a disgrace that after Germany vs England game, German player and media gave Grealish better credit than our own. They gave Neuer 1 and Grealish 2 (highest in the England team). 1 is the best and 5 is the worst in German rating system.

England player had to only say "subs make a difference" rather than mentioning Grealish/Bowen's name in the post match interview to avoid hitting the keyword. Only Tripper dared to mention Jack. The talk point had to be Sir Harry Kane's 50 goals landmark.

LOL

Now Southgate and Sky Sports are advertising the idea of Grealish better to be a super sub rather than starting. Ignoring that he gained 3 MOTM awards when he started for England(vs Wales/Romania/Iceland), played superb starting against Belgium/Czech/Hungary. Honestly he never had a bad performance when starting for England and was MOTM or easily the top 3 players on the pitch.

Last edited:
Rudiger can finally express the real thought after leaving Chelsea. NO need to mind Mason Mount's feeling now I guess.

It is such a disgrace that after Germany vs England game, German player and media gave Grealish better credit than our own. They gave Neuer 1 and Grealish 2 (highest in the England team). 1 is the best and 5 is the worst in German rating system.

England player had to only say "subs make a difference" rather than mentioning Grealish/Bowen's name in the post match interview to avoid hitting the keyword. Only Tripper dared to mention Jack. The talk point had to be Sir Harry Kane's 50 goals landmark.

LOL

Now Southgate and Sky Sports are advertising the idea of Grealish better to be a super sub rather than starting. Ignoring that he gained 3 MOTM awards when he started for England(vs Wales/Romania/Iceland), played superb starting against Belgium/Czech/Hungary. Honestly he never had a bad performance when starting for England and was MOTM or easily the top 3 players on the pitch.
Great post. Honestly, Southgate's treatment of Grealish makes my blood boil. For his own petty personal reasons, Southgate would apparently rather England lose or draw rather than win via using one of their best weapons. Grealish will not be used properly in the national team until Southgate's gone. His miserable management will have them out of the WC the first time they come up against decent opposition, so hopefully we'll see the back of him after that.

Great post. Honestly, Southgate's treatment of Grealish makes my blood boil. For his own petty personal reasons, Southgate would apparently rather England lose or draw rather than win via using one of their best weapons. Grealish will not be used properly in the national team until Southgate's gone. His miserable management will have them out of the WC the first time they come up against decent opposition, so hopefully we'll see the back of him after that.
100%

Funniest part : everyone named Grealish under the "who to be ur MOTM" thread of England Twitter account. But the official voting system only listed 4 options - Kane Walker Rice and someone else(Bellingham?) - without Grealish option. And instead of giving the BT MOTM award on the night of the game like they usually do - they quietly gave it away to Rice the 2nd morning.
BTW BBC open voting system has Grealish voted MOTM.

LOL

The MOTM award in England team is a completely joke.

I won't doubt Southgate will start Grealish today vs Italy and ask everyone not passing to him to achieve his revenge. I really don't know how a coach can hate a player who has literately saved him time after time.

He did not play Mount last time when we faced Germany because Mount was just out of training for 10 days Covid self isolation. That was the only time Southgate beat a proper decent team within 90min!

I shared a snippet from this article in the last England match thread, thought I'd share the full thing here for anyone who's interested.

A decent read but here's the gist of it:
chrome_screenshot_1654926227333.png

There's a big opportunity for Grealish today imo. Yes- it's only the nations league but with a few below par performances from Mount, I get the feeling that a strong performance today vs a good Italian side off the back of his cameo vs Germany and Southgate would be almost forced to keep him in the starting XI.

Interested to see if he can seize the moment.

Southgate just needs to play Jack, Foden and Sterling behind Kane and England will win nearly every game.

The City players have chemistry with each other.

I just don't understand what Southgate's doing with him in terms of man management... Grealish was asked before the game if Southgate had spoken to him with any specific instructions following his comments earlier in the week about tactics, and Grealish said he hadn't spoken to him at all. Then they cut to an interview with Southgate where they ask him what he wants to see from Jack, and he says he just wants him to keep doing what he was doing the other day?? What's a player meant to do with that sort of messaging lol

Southgate just needs to play Jack, Foden and Sterling behind Kane and England will win nearly every game.

The City players have chemistry with each other.
I totally get your point but the rest of the cliques in England's team would take exception to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.