10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love his attitude, gives 100% and you can see how determined he is to impact games. Can see him being a superstar here and winning lots for us.
Imagine how much he would of improved man United if they would of got grealish instead of sancho
Is that what you expect from your 100m forward ? I actually expect decisiveness in the final third and not just being tidy with the ball. That was a poor pass to foden and he can’t keep missing the one on ones he gets, surely I am not the only one expecting more in the final third

Is that what you expect from your 100m forward ? I actually expect decisiveness in the final third and not just being tidy with the ball. That was a poor pass to foden and he can’t keep missing the one on ones he gets, surely I am not the only one expecting more in the final third

You were against Grealish the whole time so no surprise you're not happy with him. It usually takes players a full year to bed in to Pep's system. How about you give him more than half a dozen games?

He's come into a brand new team, has jumped up a level in the process, and is having a positive impact on how his team plays. The time to ask whether he's been worth £100m to City is the day he stops playing for us. Until then, he can only do his best and give his all, which he is doing thus far. If you'd told me when we signed him that he'd have played as well as he done, contributing to a decent handful of goals before the end of September, I'd have been very pleased and optimistic about the future. The price tag isn't his fault - he might be the most expensive English player ever but that's because of the market, not because he's the best English player of all time.

He struggled a bit in the first half but his improvement after the break, presumably after a word from Pep, was great. He looked really dangerous and kept Chelsea's defence very busy in periods of the game where they were trying to relax and set their stall out again. But for two great saves from Mendy he'd have had another goal - that first shot in particular, that Mendy tipped round the post, was a brilliant piece of sudden skill that caught everyone off guard and, against a weaker keeper, would have ended up in the back of the net. How many times has Raheem picked the ball up in that position and not even completed a pass? Pep's clearly a massive fan and I trust his judgement a lot.

Second half performance his most convincing. Need to see it for full 90 mins and improve his defensive play. Him and Foden securely ahead of Sterling if that happens.
They are both already securely ahead of Sterling. Frankly the gulf between them and Raz seem a little more than minor.

Yawn

You were against Grealish the whole time so no surprise you're not happy with him. It usually takes players a full year to bed in to Pep's system. How about you give him more than half a dozen games?
I am not crucifying him or calling him a flop or anything like that. All I just said is that he has not done enough in the final third of the pitch to me.

He's come into a brand new team, has jumped up a level in the process, and is having a positive impact on how his team plays. The time to ask whether he's been worth £100m to City is the day he stops playing for us. Until then, he can only do his best and give his all, which he is doing thus far. If you'd told me when we signed him that he'd have played as well as he done, contributing to a decent handful of goals before the end of September, I'd have been very pleased and optimistic about the future. The price tag isn't his fault - he might be the most expensive English player ever but that's because of the market, not because he's the best English player of all time.

He struggled a bit in the first half but his improvement after the break, presumably after a word from Pep, was great. He looked really dangerous and kept Chelsea's defence very busy in periods of the game where they were trying to relax and set their stall out again. But for two great saves from Mendy he'd have had another goal - that first shot in particular, that Mendy tipped round the post, was a brilliant piece of sudden skill that caught everyone off guard and, against a weaker keeper, would have ended up in the back of the net. How many times has Raheem picked the ball up in that position and not even completed a pass? Pep's clearly a massive fan and I trust his judgement a lot.
His second half performance was great? I really don’t get how you are grading the performance but it is what it is. I don’t doubt Pep or his judgments and I am not saying Grealish is a bad player though. All I said is that I expect more from one of our forwards in the final third

Well, after KDB he's probably my favourite so far. I think he is good and hopefully he will improve match by match. He's a dangerous guy, I always like the way he drives the ball at the opponent, may or may not work, but he's dangerous for sure.

I think we need to stop asking him to justify the 100M price tag, we all know he is probably worth just half of that, and the rest is just a tax City has to pay because we are a buying team. If you are able to forget about the price tag you will find he is doing very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.