10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to grow up a bit.

Was obvious within 5 minutes that he wasnt going to get lots of cheap fouls from the ref, maybe not even some deserved fouls.

You don't keep going down every time and throwing your hands around when the foul doesn't come.

Adapt, play the ref, deal with it. If the ref is letting some physicality go, stick your boot in and give your opposite number the same treatment.

Looked like a guy playing his first big CL game.
Blatant fouls I was pissed off god knows what he felt like ffs

I don’t know what people expect him to do.

He’s playing on the left infront of a right footed left back who hardly overlaps and next to a false 9 who drops deep and never makes runs forward.

Who is he supposed to create for?
Let’s not use the left back as an excuse you couldn’t have a more skillfull fullback to link up with. Cancelo went past him on the outside a couple of times. More importantly though he was one on one with their fullback plenty of time and did nothing. Foden did more in his first 2 minutes because he’s got the pace to go on the outside and a left foot to whip in a cross.

Yes got a rough deal from the ref but did he ever look like he was going to beat Hakimi at any point? Definitely one for keeping possession high up the pitch. Will mature into his role

Let’s not use the left back as an excuse you couldn’t have a more skillfull fullback to link up with. Cancelo went past him on the outside a couple of times. More importantly though he was one on one with their fullback plenty of time and did nothing. Foden did more in his first 2 minutes because he’s got the pace to go on the outside and a left foot to whip in a cross.

Foden did more in 2 minutes because he’s fresh and enthusiastic. He did nothing for the next 21 minutes because he faced the same problems Grealish did.

oh come the fuck on. I didn't even fucking say grealish has been bad did I? where did you learn to read?

But if you're saying that the fact grealish has been bad is because a lack of a striker, yes that raises the question of why was it such a huge priority to get grealish even in the cost of a striker? I am not saying signing jack was a poor decision, I am saying signing grealish *ahead* of a striker was a poor decision. That logic follows naturally and you're just trying to score cheap points.

He's been very one dimensional today.
I think we were convinced Bernado was going and this is the reason we signed Grealish. I agree about the striker though.

I think so far he has been good but nothing spectacular. Early days yet though. I still don’t see him as a £100m player. Football has gone mad.

Foden did more in 2 minutes because he’s fresh and enthusiastic. He did nothing for the next 21 minutes because he faced the same problems Grealish did.
No the 2 things he did were to do with having pace and a left foot. Not stopping and slowing it down every time. Foden still by far the best left sided attacker at the club and the only one that offers some width to our very narrow play.

No issue at all with him. Personally don’t see why there was such a clamour for him to play in the Euros. He’s signed for us and he’s exactly what I thought he was. A really nice footballer.

My main concern, his numbers, he doesn’t return what he should/needs to. If you had given Jesus, Torres, Mahrez or Foden his minutes this season all would have returned more.

He’s a talented footballer, good grafter and seems to have a great mentality so I’m happy to believe he’s not far away.

I don’t want to pick holes in his performance, but those saying he could not create because there was no one to create for, Foden, De Bruyne & Cancelo looked far more dangerous.
As a side note, those bemoaning the lack of a striker, or offering it as an excuse, we created far easier chances than them, we missed two headers from inside 5 yards, Bernardo missed from 6 inches. DeBruyne missed 2 fairly easy chances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.