10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know? maybe they thought that if they can sell players they can afford both grealish and a striker, but then didn't sell players so couldn't afford a striker. if they didn't sign grealish, we could have afforded a striker.

With a striker in the side we win the match today and vs southampton, easy as that.
Again...you can't say that ! :)

In what universe did we decide to sign Grealish instead of a striker? Whether we signed Grealish or not, our valuation of Kane remains the same. We had the money to buy both players at our max prices based on their value to us. But our max price was not acceptable to them. It wouldn’t have been acceptable to them if we didn’t sign Grealish either. There is literally no link between the deals.
Again, what I am saying is we should have gone into the summer with the number 1 priority to be to get a striker, no matter the cost, then get grealish is price allows. we did it backwards, and couldn't afford a striker in the end.

But he did them in a 2 minute spell then didn’t use his pace or left foot for the rest of the game.

Grealish and Foden can’t create if we have no striker.

A good through ball or cross is only as good as the runs being made and we don’t make them with this false 9 system.

That’s a way of looking at it. But Grealish should also be returning 15/20 goals a season. He himself has a side full of creative players.
I don’t think even his biggest fan could argue that he’s anywhere near food enough at getting inside his fullback and scoring the back list goals that Sterling, Mahrez and Foden were scoring last season, Sane before that. Jesus this.

He’s got his qualities but to stay in this team he needs to up his production.

Jack was the best among these Kev-Jack-Sterling-Mahrez quartet..

But in overall our attack was very poor..

He's played a lot of games, and got no favours from that ref tonight.

My one minor observation is that at times he appears very casual. He needs to work harder when we press the opposition.

I think Mahrez was the best of those four and I think Mahrez was pretty poor

Considering Jack didn't have as much space and moments as Mahrez - I rated Jack above him but in overall all of them were very ver poor.

Cancelo was our best attacker today or Rodri maybe :DD

Considering Jack didn't have as much space and moments as Mahrez - I rated Jack above him but in overall all of them were very ver poor.

Cancelo was our best attacker today or Rodri maybe :DD
I’m yet to be convinced that playing Grealish and Mahrez on either wing is a good idea. Both terrific at what they do, but very similar in slowing attacks down. We need one of the wings to offer directness too.

That’s a way of looking at it. But Grealish should also be returning 15/20 goals a season. He himself has a side full of creative players.
I don’t think even his biggest fan could argue that he’s anywhere near food enough at getting inside his fullback and scoring the back list goals that Sterling, Mahrez and Foden were scoring last season, Sane before that. Jesus this.

He’s got his qualities but to stay in this team he needs to up his production.

He should be expected to get no more than the players in his position have got over the last 5 years which is 13-16 goals.

But then again he is a different player to those he is compared with. He is more of a creator and he creates a hell of a lot of chances for other players (most in the PL in open play so far) if the runs are being made which there isn’t because they’re all running the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.