10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be my imagination but I thought he was a bit in awe of the other players and was happy to lay it off and enjoy watching them do their stuff. And who would blame him looking at that Dias-Mahrez masterpiece. He'll settle in and realise his place in the system and that will be an even more exciting prospect And the goal, he must be thinking that if he can get a tap in like that in his first full game, he can score a hatful this season.

Blinding strike from him yesterday.

;-)
Happy birthday!

===
Edit - not sure if this translates across the pond... so by way of explanation...

In sport - especially - some very fortunate, unintended or lucky play that works out extremely well is met with expressions of, "Happy Birthday" - meaning - a gift.

Happy birthday!

===
Edit - not sure if this translates across the pond... so by way of explanation...

In sport - especially - some very fortunate, unintended or lucky play that works out extremely well is met with expressions of, "Happy Birthday" - meaning - a gift.
It doesn't, really. I do understand the thinking behind it, though.

Watched it under the influence of Sagres at a beach bar, so I might be talking shit...

But I thought he was very quiet in the first half and wasn't quite up to speed positionally - except for the goal of course.

Then he was given the ball a bit more in the 2nd half and settled in. Though one thing I noticed was he didn't beat Aarons very much.

Overall a 7/10 for a home debut and there's more to come. Great touch and very tough to dispossess.

Think he'll take time to settle in to what is required of him. He often takes several touches and doesn't do much, and other times takes just the one and passes and moves. That's typical of our creative players, but when you know where and when they want the ball and vice versa it helps. Not related to Grealish, but it was so nice to see City play the ball over the top or behind the opposition. Walker to Gabby... the amount of times I've been crying out to see that in games (despite us winning them anyway usually)! Sometimes the static stuff can make it look like we're lacking ideas but the burst into space was brilliant and probably a result of Norwich's defending being absolutely abysmal more than anything!

Young Jack was out 'til the early hours at Chinawhite last night... Did the boys have training this morning?!

Happy birthday!

===

we use Christmas here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.