10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t set his own price but yesterday illustrated where the £100 million should have gone on a top centre forward we’d have been 3 up at half time
It might possibly have done if it was one or the other, but it wasn't. He's a very good player and when he settles in ill be a very important player. He already has been in some games.

Cannot see him as a false 9, hope Pep doesn’t put him there again. He’s brilliant at left wing, but I think Pep needs a way to fit him and Foden in the front 3 together. Unless we’re dropping KDB or Bernardo from the middle.

I would like to see:

Grealish - Torres - Foden
De Bruyne - Bernardo
Rodri

I think Pep has overplayed him.

I was surprised that he played against PSG when we could have played Torres up front, and then starting him again yesterday was imo a bridge too far.

Give him a couple of games off and let him regroup and freshen up. It’s a long season and there are plenty of games for him to play.

He isn’t a striker/false 9 though. If he has a poor game on the left or in the 8 position that’s fine but don’t understand why he played as the false 9 yesterday.
Tbf neither is Sterling

He doesn’t set his own price but yesterday illustrated where the £100 million should have gone on a top centre forward we’d have been 3 up at half time
Except playing with a CF means our whole pattern of play and approach work would be different and there's no way of knowing if we would produce the chances we do if we played with one.
It's something I read on here after pretty much every game regards the CF issue, people sure of the fact that we would score x amount of goals if we had one, as if it's that simple.
We are the best team in the league right now in part because of the way we set up, there are no guarantees we would be any better if we changed things to accommodate a number 9.
Dont get me wrong, it would be nice to have the option but far too much is made of the fact we haven't.

It looked like an experimental move, he looked uneasy and unsure, I doubt he's played many minutes there. Just because we paid £100 m doesn't mean he can play in every position on the pitch. Maybe Pep played him there to add a little fear factor to the Liverpool defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.