10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post. As you suggest and MOTD said last night, the option to have a "traditional" CF available could add 20 goals a season. It is difficult to sign a decent striker who is prepared to sit on the bench until we need a change of system in a game and why would we change a system that is not broken.
Good comment. As you say, the system is working so keep it going. Doing so gives the opportunity to have Liam Delap on the bench and working with the first team squad.
I would expect to see LD being a regular on the bench for the remainder of this season.

The best City XI features Foden on the left side of attack. Hence the question marks against the grealish signing. No one suggests he is not a top player but he's simply not as good as Foden who at the moment is right up there with the very best players in the world.

Pep's job now is to put Foden where he causes most damage, and we all know where that is.

The best City XI features Foden on the left side of attack. Hence the question marks against the grealish signing. No one suggests he is not a top player but he's simply not as good as Foden who at the moment is right up there with the very best players in the world.

Pep's job now is to put Foden where he causes most damage, and we all know where that is.
it is also pep's job to put jack where he is good at and that is in the middle not on a fucking false 9

Because he's really, really good?
At Villa, he looked colossal. Yes, really, really good.
It's a completely different world at City, and he's got a lot to learn if he's going to match his teammates.
Big fish, little pond, now little fish in big pond.

If I dare open a real kettle of fish... How does he compare with Leroy Sane at the same stage of his City career, bearing in mind that Sane came from a different league with less experience?

Jack needs to raise his game to play regularly at the top level.

At Villa, he looked colossal. Yes, really, really good.
It's a completely different world at City, and he's got a lot to learn if he's going to match his teammates.
Big fish, little pond, now little fish in big pond.

If I dare open a real kettle of fish... How does he compare with Leroy Sane at the same stage of his City career, bearing in mind that Sane came from a different league with less experience?

Jack needs to raise his game to play regularly at the top level.
Sane, imo looked out of place for at least the first 6 months at City then gradually took some big steps forward. Difficult to compare as I consider Jack as an attacking midfielder and Sane as an old style winger. I think Jack is being integrated into the squad by starting on the wing, as others have, the Silva's, Phil etc. I think Pep is still tweaking the front 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.