10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
was great today on getting into the right positions much improved. but sometimes he holds on too long needs to pass faster.
Graham Souness was widely criticized last season when he said that Grealish wasn't a top player because he held on too the ball to long . Well it turns out Souness was right . It's a big weakness in Jack's game and one that is very difficult to change at 26.

If he was 20 or 21 . I would be a lot more confident of him breaking that habit.

Graham Souness was widely criticized last season when he said that Grealish wasn't a top player because he held on too the ball to long . Well it turns out Souness was right . It's a big weakness in Jack's game and one that is very difficult to change at 26.

If he was 20 or 21 . I would be a lot more confident of him breaking that habit.
Yes I admit sometimes Grealish holds the ball too long.

But interestingly I remembered Pep once said that he admired Grealish about his ability to freeze the defenders when he held up the ball. That was long before Grealish linked to City.

Something as a weakness in other eyes may be different in Pep's mind.

What a player , he joined us this summer and is already one of the most important players we have, and he will only get better.
Pep knew what he was doing bringing Jack here, imagine if one of the other top 4 teams would have snatched him before us.

Yes I admit sometimes Grealish holds the ball too long.

But interestingly I remembered Pep once said that he admired Grealish about his ability to freeze the defenders when he held up the ball. That was long before Grealish linked to City.

Something as a weakness in other eyes may be different in Pep's mind.
the thing is it is about the balance. knowing when to hold it and when to play it fast. that is where coaching and training come in.

Reactions: JDV
When will some learn to give players time?
Pep kind of made a point in his post match interview when asked about a striker that people tend to be rather reactive to stuff. He's said it in the past too (If we win I'm a genius, if we lose I'm an idiot). You'd have hoped people would realise by now that includes many of us!

the thing is it is about the balance. knowing when to hold it and when to play it fast. that is where coaching and training come in.
I don't think it is about training . Its an instinct . It's Grealish's natural instinct to hold on to the ball . He is never going to be able to release it quickly on a consistent basis . Its not his game .

It's the same as trying to coach a striker to become a better finisher . You can't really do it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.