10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a good player, but I have to say. It is absolutely criminal for a player that costs 100mill not to be able to use his weak foot. That doesn't just go for him, as others are culpable. I mean its unfathomable for me. Not on.

Last edited:
For the sake of argument, seeing as whenever he gets any form of criticism his chance created/key passes stats gets used as a rebuttal of how good he's been. A stat which by its definition doesn't take into account the quality of the chance created. Let's take a look at a more reflective(though still not the best) stat in big chances created and let's compare him overall to a player like mahrez in the premier league.
Jack Grealish Mahrez
Mins 743 260
Goals 1 2
Assists 2 1
Big chances created 2 3
Through ball 1 4

After the way he ended the previous season and the pre-season he had mahrez has every reason to be a bit disappointed at his minutes compared to grealish especially when the stats show he isn't doing any more than he is and I say this as someone who isn't his biggest fan. Truth be told grealish has been the least effective of all the forward players outside of sterling and he has considerably more minutes than everyone of them.

He has been ok at best so far this season and maybe he is taking time to bed into the demands of the system and fit in or pep is satisfied with something he's doing but for a player who plays where he does and gets himself into the positions he often does, he should be doing much more if the way some rave about his ability is to be believed. At this moment he's a player who just keeps the ball very well, occasionally has a flash of brilliance with a good run but doesn't beat enough players, create enough quality chances or score enough goals for the position he plays to justify being one of the first names on the sheet.

He certainly polarises opinion amongst City fans, he's either been shit or great.
He's been neither
He has been average but then I watch PSG 1-0 at home to Lille and then Neymar and Di Maria produce some magic and turn the game. if you spend £100m you buy the best. Perhaps he will adapt but at the moment he's been a very big disappointment.

I think as a collective we can be quite fickle on here on a few players. Match by match gut reactions for some (Grealish, Sterling, Mahrez… previously Gundogan, Walker and Rodri). I think better to take a holistic view. In which case, it’s clear that Sterling is in a long term patch of bad form, but Grealish has only just joined and he’s finding his feet in a completely new club and tactical system. If anything, on a holistic view, buying him was the right thing to do because he’ll be an established part of our system by the time Raz inevitably leaves.

Foden wasn’t very impactful yesterday, but all you see in his thread is posters talking about how the team should be built to utilise him more effectively. I get that he’s a local lad, city youth player, phenomenal talent, and all of that affords a special level of support, but just as we always back him to succeed, think some baseline of support is needed for everyone. Especially a player like Jack who was literally dreaming of a move to city all summer

I think you need to revisit the word holistic -)

He has been average but then I watch PSG 1-0 at home to Lille and then Neymar and Di Maria produce some magic and turn the game. if you spend £100m you buy the best. Perhaps he will adapt but at the moment he's been a very big disappointment.
Neymar cost 222m euro several years ago

Don't want to criticise him, but I've no idea why we bought him tbh, he's just another option in an area we already had plenty, while we have literally no strikers or left backs. Spending £100m on depth in an area where he doesn't actually improve on what you've got seems madness when you have other areas that need improving.
Part of a PR campaign by the club to buy top rated English talent. The very same reason they were only looking to sign Kane for the striker spot.

Signing Grealish reminds me a lot of City signing Nasri. Which is a good thing but also a ‘meh’ thing, consistently inconsistent. Early days though eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.