10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may or may not be true but it has had a negative effect on the team as we've had to move Foden from the position where he was ripping it up last season.
Not true, Pep stated last week Phil could play in 4/5 different positions, that usually means he will play him in 4/5 different positions, though not necessarily in a single game.

I said this when he was being talked about as a transfer target, before the deal was actually done and I am saying the same thing now. He’s a good player (not great IMO and certainly not better than other options we already have in that position) but when everyone could see what we actually needed was a left back and a striker we spent £100m on a player we didn’t need. I will be very happy to be proven wrong but I don’t think Grealish makes us a better team which is the minimum I would expect from a £100m investment.
A £100m investment is intended to provide long term returns, not instant gratification, a gamble is what you are talking about, City don't usually do that.

Been a success so far. Class player.
Early days but if you think his time with us has been a success so far , you must have a very low expectations.

The first couple of games he looked very good, but since his influence in games is getting less and less to the point he looks very average.

As said, early days but he has a hell of a lot of work to do to make this move successful.

A £100m investment is intended to provide long term returns, not instant gratification, a gamble is what you are talking about, City don't usually do that.
We usually don't take gambles apart from young kids with great talent.

BUT, 100m on Jack Grealish is one hell of a gamble for a player with no pace, no goal threat and from what seen so far, no athleticism.

We usually don't take gambles apart from young kids with great talent.

BUT, 100m on Jack Grealish is one hell of a gamble for a player with no pace, no goal threat and from what seen so far, no athleticism.
Don't forget his injury problems

It seems the biggest gripe for some is the price,but that wasn't in our control.

He was a player we wanted as he improves our squad,if it helps.....pretend he was 50m.
"It seems the biggest gripe for some is the price,but that wasn't in our control."

That's not true though.

He had a release clause we paid it, so it was very much in our control.

All about opinions but for me Grealish is a million miles from a 100m player and even in your suggestion of thinking we paid 50m , he is expensive.

Early days but if you think his time with us has been a success so far , you must have a very low expectations.

The first couple of games he looked very good, but since his influence in games is getting less and less to the point he looks very average.

As said, early days but he has a hell of a lot of work to do to make this move successful.

People act like it's a crime to tell the truth here! How could anyone in their right mind say Grealish has been a success here? If we are going to go by that standard then Sterling is a god and Mahrez is an all time legend!

Let's just be honest with ourselves, let's assume Grealish was signed by the rags, the dippers or Chelsea and then goes on to replicate the form he has shown so far, would anyone here go crazy about his performance? Would anyone here call him a Success? How many of us here would have made fun of the rags or the dippers for splashing out 100m on Grealish?

Second scenario, Let's say we tried to sign Grealish and Villa told us he would cost 100m and we walk away and then Grealish stays at Villa and replicates the form he has shown so far, how many of us here would be happy that we walked away from the deal? How many of us would laugh at Villa for thinking we would have paid them 100m for Grealish? How many of us would feel like we dodged a bullet?

I get that Grealish is a City player and I really hope it works out but this delusion that some fans have about Grealish being a success is not how you support a footballer.

The same ones who would call Sancho a flop despite being the younger, less experienced player who has played fewer games in his first season in the pl are the same ones that would tell you Grealish is already a legend despite having a well below average season so far in a league he has been in for about 5 years now. That's just hypocrisy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.