10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 goals a season is not going to happen. He is not a goal scorer.
You probably said the same about Sterling in 2016 - who went from 10 a season (all comps) to 20+ pretty quickly.

With the right coaching a talented attacking player can become a goalscorer. He's already getting on the end of chances, he just needs more confidence in front of goal.

You probably said the same about Sterling in 2016 - who went from 10 a season (all comps) to 20+ pretty quickly.

With the right coaching a talented attacking player can become a goalscorer. He's already getting on the end of chances, he just needs more confidence in front of goal.
I can see it too.

Historically, yes, Jack is not a goal scorer.

But coming to City he will get loads of chances and has to improve, I think he knows and can make that step.

I see him more like Foden where he will probably be around equal goals and assists, can see 15G+15A, so 30 contributions a season from each.

I still think grealish should be played in midfield and allowed to run at players like he did for villa. I thought that's why Pep bought him to play in midfield and give him the villa role.

I still think grealish should be played in midfield and allowed to run at players like he did for villa. I thought that's why Pep bought him to play in midfield and give him the villa role.
This is why he and Foden love the false 9, it let's them essentially play as midfielders and is very flexible.

In the last game, I actually don't even know who the false 9 was. Foden and Grealish interchanged so often that I couldn't make it out, and both love to play wide or center to maximize their skillset used.

With a real striker, Foden cannot do that as much as the striker probably won't be comfortable shifting out wide. So it has it's negatives, although the positive of a strong focal point is worth having.

He was good against Leeds but it's got to be taken into context. The right back was championship standard at best and continually showed him inside.

That being said, you can only play what's in front of you and he made sure he dominated him.

I've been pretty pleased with him all season and if he'd stuck away a few more chances we'd be saying how great he is.

I can see him scoring 20+ a season from next year.
Agreed until the last line. He's never topped 10 goals in a top flight season and I can't see that happening! 20 assists, though? Sure.

He is less than half way through his first season of a long term contract. There is absolutely no reason to assume that in time he won't play in midfield, he may fulfil a number of roles in the next few seasons. No reason to be impatient, trust the coaches to do what they have been doing, producing top quality teams.

Grealish has only ever hit 10 once in his career for a season, and that includes three seasons in the championship.

I will happily eat my words if he has a couple seasons where he’s bagging 15+, but personally I don’t see it from him.

Grealish has only ever hit 10 once in his career for a season, and that includes three seasons in the championship.

I will happily eat my words if he has a couple seasons where he’s bagging 15+, but personally I don’t see it from him.
Fair enough.

But I'm seeing a player who's getting into all right areas and consistently getting goalscoring chances.

He's played 13 and scored 2. He should already be on about 6 - as he said he can't hit a barn door at the minute.

That's not going to keep happening. He's got more than enough quality to start putting them away and when he does he'll be capable of 20 in all competitions.

Pep drilled it into Sterling and he'll do the same with Grealish.

Fair enough.

But I'm seeing a player who's getting into all right areas and consistently getting goalscoring chances.

He's played 13 and scored 2. He should already be on about 6 - as he said he can't hit a barn door at the minute.

That's not going to keep happening. He's got more than enough quality to start putting them away and when he does he'll be capable of 20 in all competitions.

Pep drilled it into Sterling and he'll do the same with Grealish.

I think that Grealish needs to improve his left foot on finishing - he mentioned it in an interview as well. Several chances were missed due to the ball happened to fall on his left foot / he tried to adjust the pace to use his right foot and then miss the chance.

If he can improve his left foot by 30 percent, it will be a big difference.

This is something achievable - a good assistant coach and hard work can do.

Still a lot of ifs and buts for me. A great 25 mins against an open and poor Leeds might be the spark he needed, or maybe a false dawn. Newcastle will offer a different challenge. I hope to see him carry through his momentum. Pep has to start him.
He needs to show the best bits of his Leeds form consistently for 90 mins in a single game then into a series of games. Really hope it happens. But we need more than glimpses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.