10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. I think you’re right that Jack would be much more effective with an overlapping left footed left back. Then way Jack holds the ball while drifting infield from the touch line would create the space for that to happen and give him a dangerous alternative outlet.

I think this is spot on

His final ball didn't come off but he held possession well and recycled the ball when required.
Worse performers than him last night.

Great to hear the same voices though.....

His final ball didn't come off but he held possession well and recycled the ball when required.

Tbf mate your voice is the same as well, once again grealish hasn't done anything of note and it's the usual suspects piping up about how he wasn't shite. Recycled the ball and held possession? That's the one thing iv always thought pep teams were missing. It's the same excuses as always, needs time... He's needs to play in midfield and now this season apparently it's the left backs fault he's shit.

The excuses have run dry. It's time to deliver. Which he hasn't since he came here and isn't currently doing.

He keeps the ball really well, looks like he follows the instructions given to him, I think we as fans know or hope he can contribute more in the attacking sense and I'm sure he does, but he doesn't excite me as a player, with mahrez he can and has been a match winner jack hasn't done that yet and needs to add that to his game, maybe more direct,
I never got the hype he got for England before the euros, a decent player but needs to up it, because we don't do decent players at city

This player has divided the fan base more than any other in the last decade, why is that? and it's a serious question.

He has a section of fans that defend him to the hilt, far too much for a player than has so far disappointed, he has done ok but in this club that is simply not acceptable.

Last edited:
I want him to succeed but am running out of patience. I think him playing in the same team as Mahrez made things seem worse as both were cutting in and having shots easily blocked but the Dortmund defense who coped easily for the first hour.

We have had many players in recent times that could offer more threat on that flank and make us into a more dangerous team including Foden, Sterling, Sane, David Silva (earlier part of his career when he played wider) and even Nolito.

Every member of the front three needs to be getting goals and assists and this just is not happening for Jack and Mahrez is also struggling plus is not a good assister.

I am surprised that Pep has not managed to make him more effective. The team selection last night did not help.

Those who call him Jack seem to rate him and those who call him Grealish don’t!! I’m with the latter. I don’t see him ever fitting in at City and struggle to what attributes he has to justify such an exorbitant fee.

The bottom line is he's not been good enough on an individual level so far and the endless list of bullshit excuses made for him isn't exactly helping his reputation.

He is a left winger. That's where he plays and that's where he's been playing. How many times has the best footballing tactician on the planet decided to play him in midfield? Just because some of the quantum physicists on here have deduced that he needs the freedom of the middle of the park, that doesn't make it a good idea.

Look at the level of midfielders we're used to now: de Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and Yaya Toure. These players have been the bedrock of our teams for over a decade. Does anyone seriously think Jack Grealish belongs in that category or standard of player? Based on what? Guess work?

He doesn't have the brain to control the tempo as well as David or Gundo, he doesn't have the ability to change games as often as Kev or Yaya and he sure as shit doesn't have Bernardo's work rate, let alone his level of talent on the ball. How often would he realistically play in midfield with some of these players ahead of him?

As for the "Pep's shackling him" nonsense? Please. Why is he the only player in the team who can't have any tangible impact on games when played in his normal position?

I don't get how some of you can claim to be Grealish fans and still, with a straight face, say that he has been great for us since he joined and that he's a vital player for the way we play. How can you seriously rate the lad and be okay with what he's produced?

I've seen some defend him by saying Pep keeps picking him so he must be doing something right but if you look at last season then you'd see Pep picked him for about one important game in the latter stages and the rest he sat out on the bench or came on at some point in the second half.

And to add a bit of context for all of this waffle, I do want Grealish to succeed. I thought he was a prat before he joined and that I didn't see what the hype was about. Now I'll happily admit that I was being judgemental about him as a person and that he seems like a decent lad with his heart in the right place, not to mention a decent set of bollocks to deal with some of the pressure and rough treatment he gets.

But there is nothing wrong with expecting a lot more from him. Those who spend so much time defending him, massively overrating any bang average performance he puts in and blaming everyone else for his shortcomings should be able to hold their hands up and admit that they expect better. You can't rate him and accept mediocrity.

He was far from the only shit performer last night. The problem is that every one of those other players has shown their value at various points. Jack needs to have a run of games where he does the same.

The bottom line is he's not been good enough on an individual level so far and the endless list of bullshit excuses made for him isn't exactly helping his reputation.

He is a left winger. That's where he plays and that's where he's been playing. How many times has the best footballing tactician on the planet decided to play him in midfield? Just because some of the quantum physicists on here have deduced that he needs the freedom of the middle of the park, that doesn't make it a good idea.

Look at the level of midfielders we're used to now: de Bruyne, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and Yaya Toure. These players have been the bedrock of our teams for over a decade. Does anyone seriously think Jack Grealish belongs in that category or standard of player? Based on what? Guess work?

He doesn't have the brain to control the tempo as well as David or Gundo, he doesn't have the ability to change games as often as Kev or Yaya and he sure as shit doesn't have Bernardo's work rate, let alone his level of talent on the ball. How often would he realistically play in midfield with some of these players ahead of him?

As for the "Pep's shackling him" nonsense? Please. Why is he the only player in the team who can't have any tangible impact on games when played in his normal position?

I don't get how some of you can claim to be Grealish fans and still, with a straight face, say that he has been great for us since he joined and that he's a vital player for the way we play. How can you seriously rate the lad and be okay with what he's produced?

I've seen some defend him by saying Pep keeps picking him so he must be doing something right but if you look at last season then you'd see Pep picked him for about one important game in the latter stages and the rest he sat out on the bench or came on at some point in the second half.

And to add a bit of context for all of this waffle, I do want Grealish to succeed. I thought he was a prat before he joined and that I didn't see what the hype was about. Now I'll happily admit that I was being judgemental about him as a person and that he seems like a decent lad with his heart in the right place, not to mention a decent set of bollocks to deal with some of the pressure and rough treatment he gets.

But there is nothing wrong with expecting a lot more from him. Those who spend so much time defending him, massively overrating any bang average performance he puts in and blaming everyone else for his shortcomings should be able to hold their hands up and admit that they expect better. You can't rate him and accept mediocrity.

He was far from the only shit performer last night. The problem is that every one of those other players has shown their value at various points. Jack needs to have a run of games where he does the same.
Great post, especially about his personality character.

I disliked him at Villa, always though he was a cocky, arrogant twat, I was wrong there, he clearly is a very decent lad and is obviously hugely popular in the dressing room.

But the excuses are now getting silly, I said recently Alvarez has shown more ability, desire and better results in a handful of games than Grealish has shown in 12 months, I stand by that.

If he is not careful Grealish may miss out on a World Cup place, which would be a disaster for both player and club.

Also the transfer fee is a huge factor, he did not choose it, we as fans did not choose it but it's a huge millstone around his and the clubs neck, very few of this level of transfer fee have been successful in history, 100m transfers are to me to be avoided at all costs, far too much risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.