10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, he was poor ((judging by his Villa form) for much of last season and several games this season. Too predictable, couldn't beat a man, received the ball choosing short easy passes, looked bereft of belief and confidence, tbh.

I was critical whether he had the heart and desire to want this enough. To be a winner and a survivor in this squad takes a high level of drive and consistency, something Jack had in abundance at Villa but struggled(,was struggling) to adapt to and step up to Pep's demands until what, the last 3 games? I think so.

Unlike some on here, I'm not a poster wanting any City player to fail to trot ot the cliched "told you so" bollocks. No, I want every player who puts on our shirt to be a shining success and do us and the club proud.

And I'm so pleased Grealish is now showing us is qualities as to why we signed him. I just hope he continues this run of form gaining belief and momentum to become a consistent world class player we know he can be. It's up to him, and I'll be absolutely delighted if he does become what's expected of him. Here's hoping.

He was always going to show his quality sooner or later though. He's not the first player signed by Pep to not shine in his first season, and should always have been judged by anyone by his second season only. Belief also plays a massive part in football and it's pretty clear that Jack is looking much more like he knows he belongs now. No matter how good he was for Villa, the fact that he was their talisman, it can't be easy mentally to go into a team where you've got De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva and the like around you. These guys are the cream of the crop. Your 7 out of 10 is often going to look like a 5 out of 10 in a team full of genuinely world-class players that are consistently so good. Not every game will suit Jack and he will sit out a number of games because of the squad we have. But it should never be forgotten that, regardless of his goals and assists record, he will always draw opponents to him which leaves space for others to exploit.

He is near flying now , but some of you lot think he a proper drinker , which is impossible when you are playing regularly for Pep

I seriously don't understand some of the criticism Jack gets. He could and probably should score more goals than he does.
It's his fee I think, if he'd been 30 million then a lot less criticism.
Also he's a bit of a playboy and that doesn't sit well with some.
Add the above to lack of goals and assists and it leads to criticism.

I'm happy he's started to contribute more now. Let's hope he keeps improving and more goals and assists.

He is near flying now , but some of you lot think he a proper drinker , which is impossible when you are playing regularly for Pep
Guy sits next to me is convinced that every time grealish is injures he isnt actually injured and is pulled out for ‘extra curricular activities’.

Some reet dicks about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.