10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking better and better now. There's a growing air of confidence in the way he plays now. Unlucky not to get a goal to top off an excellent performance.

Hope he keeps growing from here.

That's the level jack, keep it just there and goals and assists will follow, thought he was excellent, I originally gave gundo motm but after his post match I swapped it for jack, they were neck and neck to be fair , brilliant tonight, keep it up

He was always going to show his quality sooner or later though. He's not the first player signed by Pep to not shine in his first season, and should always have been judged by anyone by his second season only. Belief also plays a massive part in football and it's pretty clear that Jack is looking much more like he knows he belongs now. No matter how good he was for Villa, the fact that he was their talisman, it can't be easy mentally to go into a team where you've got De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva and the like around you. These guys are the cream of the crop. Your 7 out of 10 is often going to look like a 5 out of 10 in a team full of genuinely world-class players that are consistently so good. Not every game will suit Jack and he will sit out a number of games because of the squad we have. But it should never be forgotten that, regardless of his goals and assists record, he will always draw opponents to him which leaves space for others to exploit.
His quality was never in doubt, that's why we signed him. He's not the first player not to shine in his first season, you're right. But Haaland and Akanji have both hit the ground running, especially Erling, wow, beast mode!!! And Alvarez and Gomez are now getting up to speed and settling in nicely, and they've come from 3 foreign leagues. Jack has only travelled 90 miles up the M6 from Villa from the same league, so it's fair to have expected more in his first season with us.

@Bill Walker. I think his ('birds n' booze') "playboy image" (and 100M price tag) have done him no favours whatsoever. The paparazzi love an exclusive scoop on a pissed up big name celeb footballer, it helps big time in selling their shite papers. Branding a 'bad boy' in a bad light is something the tabloids really seem to enjoy telling us. The Sun must owe Gazza a fuckin' fortune!

With almost everyone having a mobile phone nowadays famous footballers have to keep their nose clean, literally, coke free! Some people are ready to take(and have taken) a photo of Jack in a paralytic state after a night out on the town. It's not a good image for a top class professional footballer to have, and certainly not a good role model to be, especially for kids to see Many young Villa fans idolised jack, young blues the same.

The last thing our owners want is a player who is on the middle pages of a newspaper more often than the back page. Pep played down the time when Grealish Walker and Mahrez were caught on the lash with a witty quip of - "they'll be getting fined for not inviting me"! May have caused a few laughs with journos but i very much doubt Pep sees bad publicity on any City player as a laughing matter.

Jack and Phil Foden were also in the papers for the their off field birds n' booze late night antics, not good IMO.

George Best and Gazza were both world class generational talents, both at the top of their game who wasted their careers due mainly to alcohol addition.

It seems to me that Jack has got himself fitter and shed a few kilos this season. He's now looking more focused and determined to succeed at City, and as a result he's gaining confidence to express himself. It's great to see and I'm really pleased for him. It looks like Pep's has recently given him licence to roam which is where Jack excels in his game. Great to see, like I said.

Great performance and deserved a goal. He kept trying and laughed off the missed chances which was great to see. Pep has backed him and Jack's risen to it. You can see Haaland is trying to big him up too and the rest of the team are rallying around him. Combines so well with Bernardo and great to see him running at their defence, he carries the ball brilliantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.