10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guardiola on Haaland

I think it's fair to say that the numbers DO matter to Pep Guardiola. If they didn't matter then we would have made a bid for Benteke not Haaland.
Apologies, I meant numbers in terms of transfer fee. I was leaning on the point of Pep doesn't care if hes 100m, he wont give him free reign and force things. Jack is just another cog in the system.

You think he keeps picking a player based on price a price that he has no interest in, a player that doesn't do the job he wants him to. A manager that puts the team and results and winning before everything That sounds about right, must be that then.
Ok, so apart from him controling the game in stopping counter attacks, (which he doesn't btw) what else does he do?

Grealish himself said he was underperforming in interview quite recently. He is. He's also underwhelming. Plenty on here gave it the "we'll see his true qualities second season" and words to the like, but the truth is we aren't seeing much difference this season.

He doesn't beat a man and he doesn't dribble. He usually receives the ball goes on a10 yard run then gets rid. He hasn't got a burst of speed, just a slow predictable speed defenders quite often work out to nullify any threat. His crossing is average and his assists and goals are well below what he should be producing.

Sterling got pelters on here almost every week. Often by the same posters who defend any criticism of Grealish. But Sterling's effort in goals and assists were far better than Jack has given us thus far.

Ok, so apart from him controling the game in stopping counter attacks, (which he doesn't btw) what else does he do?

Grealish himself said he was underperforming in interview quite recently. He is. He's also underwhelming. Plenty on here gave it the "we'll see his true qualities second season" and words to the like, but the truth is we aren't seeing much difference this season.

He doesn't beat a man and he doesn't dribble. He usually receives the ball goes on a10 yard run then gets rid. He hasn't got a burst of speed, just a slow predictable speed defenders quite often work out to nullify any threat. His crossing is average and his assists and goals are well below what he should be producing.

Sterling got pelters on here almost every week. Often by the same posters who defend any criticism of Grealish. But Sterling's effort in goals and assists were far better than Jack has given us thus far.
I don't care, that's the point. Only thing I care about is the team winning. If Peps happy and Pep picks him and we win, then at the end of the season we pick up a trophy or 2 that's all I'm interested in. I'm not interested in analysing whether Pep should or shoildn't pick Grealish, Sterling Mahrez, not my problem I'll let Pep pick the team I'll go and watch them play and hopefully enjoy the game.
Now some people like to second guess Pep, some like to micro analyse the players , fine we can do that. My issue is when posters decide they are right on a player and Pep is picking that player for some weird reason like how much we paid, or that other favourite he's too stubborn.Pep[ picks players and teams for a reason, that reason is over a season to win things over a long season. He' does that better than anyone, what he doesn't do is pick teams with passengers in it.

So what do you think has happened here with the player?

He spends multiple years at another EPL club being regarded as one of the best players in the division, with even Guardiola himself saying it in press conferences of Villa v City games. He dribbles past players for fun. He gets goals and assists at a commendable rate for a lower-mid-table team.

Then he comes to City and apparently forgets how to do all of that stuff, whilst the coaching team are pulling their hair out in exasperation and anger at Grealish's inability to do all the things that he did for his previous club and still does when he plays for England. Despite Pep's unbridled fury that the player apparently can't do any of the things you are at pains to point out, he continues to pick him to start in ~75% of matches he is available for, just to watch the same cycle repeat ad nauseam.

It appears that must be your view of the situation.

It is incredible that you - and your band of mates who have stuck to the same rhetoric on this thread over the best part of 18 months - cannot see the sheer stupidity of taking such a view.

Or maybe you are in fact correct and it is the rest of us who are fools - perhaps the Manchester City jersey is some form of kryptonite that inexplicably turns Grealish into a spud on the field, whilst simultaneously acting as his own version of Harry Potter's invisibility cloak for the coaching staff who continually fail to see how utterly pointless his performances continue to be. If that is the truth of the matter, then I can only profusely apologise for my oversight and bow down to your superior knowledge and intellect.

I don't care, that's the point. Only thing I care about is the team winning. If Peps happy and Pep picks him and we win, then at the end of the season we pick up a trophy or 2 that's all I'm interested in. I'm not interested in analysing whether Pep should or shoildn't pick Grealish, Sterling Mahrez, not my problem I'll let Pep pick the team I'll go and watch them play and hopefully enjoy the game.
Now some people like to second guess Pep, some like to micro analyse the players , fine we can do that. My issue is when posters decide they are right on a player and Pep is picking that player for some weird reason like how much we paid, or that other favourite he's too stubborn.Pep[ picks players and teams for a reason, that reason is over a season to win things over a long season. He' does that better than anyone, what he doesn't do is pick teams with passengers in it.
Fair enough. At least you have the decency to put across how you see things. Unlike the Grealish fanboy before you who offered nowt worth reading about.

. He is far too languid paced and predictable and pretty easy to work out for opposition defenders. I want to see the player he was for Villa because Grealish has a lot more to offer us but we're not seeing it, unfortunately.
I'd like to see him score a goal like Messi's last night.

Or any goal.

So why would you say he's picking Mahrez who is clearly struggling for form.
That's exactly my point I don't claim to understand Peps thinking, yes Mahrez is struggling to my eyes. The difference is if Pep picks him then to me it's for a reason I can't see. I trust it's for a good reason in his opinion. I also know if I find myself disagreeing with Pep 999 times out of a 1000 he'll be proved right and I'll be wrong because he's the best coach and manager in the world and I'm a fan on a football forum. Even when he's wrong he'll have thought through the idea as part of a plan, it won't be on a whim or because he's just stubborn

That's exactly my point I don't claim to understand Peps thinking, yes Mahrez is struggling to my eyes. The difference is if Pep picks him then to me it's for a reason I can't see. I trust it's for a good reason in his opinion. I also know if I find myself disagreeing with Pep 999 times out of a 1000 he'll be proved right and I'll be wrong because he's the best coach and manager in the world and I'm a fan on a football forum. Even when he's wrong he'll have thought through the idea as part of a plan, it won't be on a whim or because he's just stubborn
Yes mate, in Pep we trust :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.