10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aint ever seeing that while he is wearing our shirt,im not sure why people are struggling to understand that?

You might get some in the WC though.
I can't disagree and thought the same when typing it

So why did we sign him then?

I was against signing him because i thought we didn't need him. And whilst he's here we very much need him, but we need to see much more from him. It feels like he can't be arsed much of the time.

Personally I'd be happy if Grealish and Palmer swapped positions in Peps pecking order.
I think Cole looks much more like scoring and adds more generally.
Last night Pep clearly told Grealish to come on and make sure City didn't lose the game. He completed every one of his passes, and helped us control things till the end.

Palmer came on at 88 minutes, made 3 passes and gave away the ball with 2 of them.

I think Palmer is great, but in an away game we've pretty much controlled, where a draw means we win the group, Grealish was the one who did what was needed.

Maybe someday he will attack the full back and either score or assist instead of this safety first bollox that sees him constantly return the ball to the player who passed it to him. He's been a huge disappointment.
Pep has spoken at length about what Grealish brings to the table. For 100m there is an outside expectation he is going to beat 5 players each game and score a hat trick but the figures are irrelevant for Pep, he gives instructions to the player infront of him if they are 100m or 1m. Its why hes so successful. There is no chance that Jack is sat there thinking I can't wait to get on and play safe passes so I don't get my hair out of place, he wants to get on there and single handedly take on players and try things but Pep doesn't want that out of him.

The alternative option is ending up like the rags and spending 70 odd million on the likes of Sancho and Antony who think they are playing cage football and are desperate to showboat. Thats why they are so disjointed and we put 6 past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.