10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, you’re highlighting what are considered his strengths. If these are his strengths then considering his obvious weakness in direct goal involvements he needs to much higher up than the likes of Antonio & Chillwell.

My point is really, lots of elite players are posting similar or better numbers to the ones considered his best strengths and still out performing him in the other key areas.

He’s 6th in our own squad for the stats you’ve posted.

Mate, I posted some stats about Grealish having the 2nd highest stats in the Prem & 15th in the top 5 divisions across Europe for SCA & you immediately jumped on them saying his numbers are appalling & tried to belittle the stats

Don’t you think that’s a little bit odd that someone posts something positive where Jack is statistically 2nd best in the league & you try to belittle it as a City fan?

Then some more positive stats get posted saying he helps create 2 goals every 3 games & you say he needs to being doing better numbers than Chillwell, who plays in a completely different position n a team with a completely different system & war of playing & being 6th best in possible the best team in the world somehow isn’t good enough

So more positive facts & stats & again you don’t agree with these stats as being important & he’s not doing enough

Someone else posted about him being way out in front of anyone pretty much across Europe as a ball carrier & again, you have a problem because Daniel James, whom Leeds use as an outlet is on the list

Again, weirdly to you, another stat that doesn’t matter

So let’s put all these statistics together
1 - He’s one of the best ball carriers, if not the best in Europe
2 - Has 2nd highest goal & shot creation in the Prem behind Kev
3 - Is involved with creating 2 goals every 3 games
4 - Not posted his passing stats but they are top notch

What exactly is it that you don’t like about those stats, especially when you put them all together? They’re all fucking brilliant, so why are you trying to belittle every single stat that shows him in a good light? Odd behaviour towards one of our own bud

If we had signed him for say £50 million he would be a a good squad signing. I know,i know it's not his fault, but £100 million [a british record) makes him a statemen signing. .... (Incidentally i think it was bad PR for the club as it reinforces the boring ' City buying the league shit' ) .......He's good to watch and does contribute to our build up play, ( and no doubt adds to our shirts sales). He is popular in the dressing room and comes across as a decent bloke' despite his off- field lifestyle. But sorry he just doesn't feel a good fit for City. Off next season i bet.

Mate, I posted some stats about Grealish having the 2nd highest stats in the Prem & 15th in the top 5 divisions across Europe for SCA & you immediately jumped on them saying his numbers are appalling & tried to belittle the stats

Don’t you think that’s a little bit odd that someone posts something positive where Jack is statistically 2nd best in the league & you try to belittle it as a City fan?

Then some more positive stats get posted saying he helps create 2 goals every 3 games & you say he needs to being doing better numbers than Chillwell, who plays in a completely different position n a team with a completely different system & war of playing & being 6th best in possible the best team in the world somehow isn’t good enough

So more positive facts & stats & again you don’t agree with these stats as being important & he’s not doing enough

Someone else posted about him being way out in front of anyone pretty much across Europe as a ball carrier & again, you have a problem because Daniel James, whom Leeds use as an outlet is on the list

Again, weirdly to you, another stat that doesn’t matter

So let’s put all these statistics together
1 - He’s one of the best ball carriers, if not the best in Europe
2 - Has 2nd highest goal & shot creation in the Prem behind Kev
3 - Is involved with creating 2 goals every 3 games
4 - Not posted his passing stats but they are top notch

What exactly is it that you don’t like about those stats, especially when you put them all together? They’re all fucking brilliant, so why are you trying to belittle every single stat that shows him in a good light? Odd behaviour towards one of our own bud

What I don’t like about those stats and they are in total isolation.
For example the stat that Domalino posted about him being one of the top ball carriers in Europe. Look at the names on the list up there with him. Leao, Vinicius Jr, etc. They’re doing what Grealish does and much more. Much much more.
As is Mahrez for that matter.

I’m not looking for a negative, I’m a City fan, not a Grealish fan. I think for us to be where we want to be, Grealish needs to do more.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a City attacker to be amongst the best in the World. There’s a decent chance Grealish won’t make the England squad.
Sorry, but as a City fan. I want better than that.

I’d love Grealish to become what we all hoped he would.

It’s the Grealish thread and all are entitled to opinion, and when people voice differing opinions in a civil and balanced manner I enjoy the player performance thread as much as any other.

I think we’ll need more from him, I think Pep wants more than him.

I won’t hold his fee against him, but when you’re 2-0 down in a league decider and you’re a £100m attacker and you remain rooted to the bench, then questions have to be asked.

I expect our players to be the best in the World. Grealish is not. He’s had time. He’s not getting better.

I love that City fans are trying to defend him, find stats that make him lol good.
But sometimes it feel a bit like Alladyce finding spurious stats that suggested Kevin Davies was the best striker in the league.

I personally don’t think those stats paint City’s no.10 in the best light.

For example the stat that Domalino posted about him being one of the top ball carriers in Europe. Look at the names on the list up there with him. Leao, Vinicius Jr, etc. They’re doing what Grealish does and much more. Much much more.

I’m not looking for a negative, I’m a City fan, not a Grealish fan. I think for us to be where we want to be, Grealish needs to do more.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a City attacker to be amongst the best in the World. There’s a decent chance Grealish won’t make the England squad.

It’s the Grealish thread and all are entitled to opinion, and when people voice differing opinions in a civil and balanced manner I enjoy the player performance thread as much as any other.

I won’t hold his fee against him, but when you’re 2-0 down in a league decider and you’re a £100m attacker and you remain rooted to the bench, then questions have to be asked.

I expect our players to be the best in the World. Grealish is not. He’s had time. He’s not getting better.

I love that City fans are trying to defend him, find stats that make him lol good.
But sometimes it feel a bit like Alladyce finding spurious stats that suggested Kevin Davies was the best striker in the league.

Good post dude. Much more balanced than saying his numbers are appalling after I posted something he’s 2nd best in the league at :)

I can see where you’re coming from mate, but the truth no doubt lies somewhere between the polar opposites on this thread

Everyone would love all of our players to do better & I don’t think many would disagree he could do a little more, but I think he’s doing far better than a lot of your posts suggest

Has he set the world on fire? Nope. Has he slotted into a team which continues to win with him being a contributing part of that team, absolutely. Will he ever replace Kev? Nope. Will he ever be as good as Phil? Nope.

I agree that stats in isolation mean very little, so If he’s 2nd best in the league in one metric & best in Europe for another metric, which no doubt will be 2 of the many things our data analysts measure him on & if you add his passing stats, it starts to paint a far fuller picture of what he offers the team

Really interesting stats on www.bfref.com for every team & player

Loads of different stuff on there gives some great insight

Bet you’ll be able to find loads of negative stats for him on there as well as positive ones, even if you don’t find them positive ;)

(don’t look at the goals & assists part as you’ll probably get even more disappointed with him as that part is quite appalling)

Enjoy the stats mate :)

Ps I find that the site works far on a computer than a phone

Did a good job when he came on in Dortmund, did exactly what was needed. Saw plenty of the ball, kept possession and never gave it away.

Stats prove nothing in situations like that.

Did a good job when he came on in Dortmund, did exactly what was needed. Saw plenty of the ball, kept possession and never gave it away.

Stats prove nothing in situations like that.

That through ball to Bernado was excellent. A bit naughty for Dortmund defense. Even the anti-Jack commentator I listened to (he is a Sterling fan) had to praise him. Pity Bernado was slightly offsite.

You mean like being 2-0 down at West Ham in our final away game last season?

Surely he will make the England squad?

I know Southgate isn't exactly his biggest fan, but those past few matches when England have been struggling, they've immediately looked better by introducing Grealish.

Incidentally I think he does the opposite for England to what he does for City.

Southgate uses him as a flair player who will increase the tempo and run directly at the opposition and cause panic in their defence, but doesn't quite trust him to help manage the game (see the subbing on and off incident in the Euros).

Whereas Pep uses him a lot to keep possession and slow the tempo and tighten the team's grip on control of a match.

I think the fact he can and does play both of those roles - knowing playing how Southgate asks him to will mean Southgate will always see him as a luxury player and keep him on the fringes, and knowing playing how Guardiola asks him to will put him in the firing line for criticism from pundits and public for being too safe and not dynamic enough - says a lot about his talent, adaptability and personality.

If we had signed him for say £50 million he would be a a good squad signing. I know,i know it's not his fault, but £100 million [a british record) makes him a statemen signing. .... (Incidentally i think it was bad PR for the club as it reinforces the boring ' City buying the league shit' ) .......He's good to watch and does contribute to our build up play, ( and no doubt adds to our shirts sales). He is popular in the dressing room and comes across as a decent bloke' despite his off- field lifestyle. But sorry he just doesn't feel a good fit for City. Off next season i bet.
We got little credit for our biggest signings coming in below in price to the rags and dippers mega priced signings so I think City thought fuck you and made a statement with this signing.
Now it's up to jack to ram it home.
Remember Pogba and the Slab don't have a Premier league medal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.