10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why blame Mahrez for Grealishs performance, when Mahrez has a poor game, which is less often than Grealish, he can still pull something out (often scoring) other than retaining possession or falling over, Grealish contributing anything else is rarer than a Bluemoon.
the harsh and hard truth

so you are blaming the best manager in the world for his poor performances? Really?

have you not heard the clips from the new documentary where pep is talking to the squad last season saying things like "you have my permission to lose, you have my permission to lose the ball you have my permission to get things wrong but you must want the ball etc"

Grealish has a long and very very important season in front of him......the excuses will start to run thin if he doesnt start to step up...its upto him to do so....Jesus and Sterling despite being moved on can still be called huge successes at this club..they both hugely added to the success we have had over the last seasons under Pep....Grealish has yet added anything
I’m not blaming anyone. I am saying what you and I perceive as poor performances is not necessarily what Pep sees. Pep loves keeping possession and Grealish does that really well, as does Mahrez. I think they are both too negative and frustrating to watch, but I don’t pick the team…the best manager in the world does, and he keeps picking him, so maybe he doesn’t see them as poor performances.

Really think he needs to be playing in the middle as an 8 to see the best of him. Doesn’t seem particularly well suited to the wide left role, especially when paired with another right footer in Cancelo at left-back. Makes the team seem a bit unbalanced.
Agree with this - and feel it is a "problem" we've had with a few players over the recent years: KDB and Bernardo have moved centrally to great effect, I feel Grealish and Foden also would be better centrally. Alvarez yet to be seen but wouldn't shock me if he doesn't look a natural wide man either.

Sane, Sterling and Mahrez have been our only real wingers recently, and two of them have left. We've lost a lot of the width we used to have.

Like you say having Cancelo (and Walker) on the pitch only seems to exacerbate this, Cancelo takes up the space at LW, and Walker isn't a great attacking fullback. It does feel like the balance is off and we lack width without a natural LB coming in - on paper Cancelo RB and Cucurella* (or other) at LB would look a much more balanced team.

Didn't get much of a chance considering how poor Cancelo was in nearly every department. Defensively he still doesn't get close enough for my liking either, Trent was left far too much space by him, and Rodri. But Liverpool just looked a week or two ahead in terms of fitness and sharpness. That might mean they fall flat two weeks before the end of the season instead, whilst we kick on.

He was excellent against Bayern and I am sure he will have a better season. I still would love to see him more central, but where is the spot when De Bruyne, Bernardo and Gundo are all so good and proven in there.

I’m not blaming anyone. I am saying what you and I perceive as poor performances is not necessarily what Pep sees. Pep loves keeping possession and Grealish does that really well, as does Mahrez. I think they are both too negative and frustrating to watch, but I don’t pick the team…the best manager in the world does, and he keeps picking him, so maybe he doesn’t see them as poor performances.
He didn't pick grealish most of last season. If foden was in preseason games he would have definitely picked foden over grealish. So I think grealish is definitely having poor performances as per pep

He didn't pick grealish most of last season. If foden was in preseason games he would have definitely picked foden over grealish. So I think grealish must definitely have poor performances as per pep
We had full rotation of wide men in the PL last season. Grealish started more games than Mahrez and Jesus, and only slightly less than Foden and Sterling. Pep likes to rotate and while we can all moan (I do more than most) it’s what happens at the end of the season that matters and Pep delivers the goods better than anyone.

Do t think Peps instructions are different for him and other wise forwards. There are no instructions against attacking your defender in the final 3rd. I'm certain of it.

He will though. Too talented not to.
Grealish isn't looking like he isn't playing his natural game but he is talented player.

ah but Pep wants possession with purpose (or bravery as he often refers to it) - ie creating space, moving the opponent....Grealish doesnt do this. You are presuming that Pep is happy with his performances.......what he says to the media about any players is not necessarily the actual truth.....

If Grealish doesnt start performing he will be benched and so he should be. He only started today as Foden had had no pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.