10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could answer me and I'm not making stuff up the wages and agents fee is what's been reported and he's got 4 goals and 3 assists in the prem so far?

So far no one has answered the question, what a surprise.
Couldn’t care less who scores, assists, has the best stats, scores the most penalties or anything else as long we play well & hopefully win things, which we have with him in the team

That answer ok with you luv?

Or put another way, if Haaland played every game for the rest of the season & didn’t score, but we won every game, it would not matter one jot to me or Pep or anyone else at the club

Guessing you’d be proper pissed of with Big Erl tho eh?

Couldn’t care less who scores, assists, has the best stats, scores the most penalties or anything else as long we play well & hopefully win things, which we have with him in the team

That answer ok with you luv?

Or put another way, if Haaland played every game for the rest of the season & didn’t score, but we won every game, it would not matter one jot to me or Pep or anyone else at the club

Guessing you’d be proper pissed of with Big Erl tho eh?
Having a striker who doesn't score goals? Wouldn't just be me who would be pissed off with that.

I'll let you get back to your Sunday beers and being a condescending ****. 'okay luv?'

Having a striker who doesn't score goals? Wouldn't just be me who would be pissed off with that.

I'll let you get back to your Sunday beers and being a condescending ****. 'okay luv?'
If we were still winning games and trophies and pep was happy to keep picking him why would anyone give a fuck. Is a team game and the team results and performance are all that matter within that individual stats are meaningless.

If we were still winning games and trophies and pep was happy to keep picking him why would anyone give a fuck. Is a team game and the team results and performance are all that matter within that individual stats are meaningless.
I guess everyone should stop talking about haaland then. No need to be excited at all is there.

I’ve grown to like Grealish a bit more as a person since he’s come to City, but if we were reading RAWK or RedCafe threads about a player signed for £100m, and they were saying “yeah he doesn’t get assists, or goals, but he makes space and can pass on the overlap”, we’d be laughing our bollocks off at them.
I agree with that.
Forget the fee, it's just that he's in his second season and we're not really seeing much player development. I know people will say he's under orders and he doesn't give the ball away, but he should be producing a lot more by now.
We've seen in flashes that he can be effective, like running at the defence against Real Madrid and yesterday, that won Kev's freekick, but he doesn't do that or impact the game nearly enough for a player of his talent level.

I guess everyone should stop talking about haaland then. No need to be excited at all is there.
Not what anybody has said, spin it how you like. Only the team matters,when Pep pick Grealish which he does often it’s because he thinks it’s the best team to get a result that day, and he trusts the players he picks. More often than any other manager he’s right. Yet you and a couple of others reckon you know better than him and Grealish is just some sort of mascot to be picked and not do anything .Yet amazingly we still win with 10 men and a passenger.

You had a go at me for not answering your question. Now you get busy with responding to my post.

Chop chop.

Does my head in watching him, don’t really know what he’s good at except slowing play and getting fouls. Debatable if that’s even a good thing. We could have someone much better on the LW.
He doesn’t slow the play down any more or any less than any of our other front 6.
He retains the ball and allows others to get into shape to join in. It can be infuriating at times but he’s not the only player guilty of it which is why I’m convinced it’s a tactic Pep is happy with. Sure, it’s not flamboyant or sexy to watch but there’s a method in the madness and it’s seen us sitting pretty in the league and CL so other than pop up with the odd goal and assist here and there I fail to see why his performances deserve the scrutiny they get and if it’s down to fee then basically tough shit. It’s not a fair stick to beat him with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.