10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s been better this season, Grealish or Mahrez?

Which one has 250 pages and the other 55?
I think Mahrez is having a bad time atm but has contributed well over the years he's been here with goals.

I think the 250 pages is down to Jack dividing opinion (he has cost us a lot of money), and those opinions leading to name calling/arguing, silly stuff really.

Strangely I don't think it's Jack's fault. He should be at a club where he can play like he did at Villa, that's just my opinion.

I think Mahrez is having a bad time atm but has contributed well over the years he's been here with goals.

I think the 250 pages is down to Jack dividing opinion (he has cost us a lot of money), and those opinions leading to name calling/arguing, silly stuff really.

Strangely I don't think it's Jack's fault. He should be at a club where he can play like he did at Villa, that's just my opinion.
Whatever it is, it’s unhealthy.

Who’s been better this season, Grealish or Mahrez?

Which one has 250 pages and the other 55?
So the fact that Mahrez is experiencing a dip in form is a good enough reason to destroy him and forget his valuable contributions over the years but Grealish (who has been here for almost 2 seasons and still hasn't proven useful) should be given a pass because, well..he is Superjack, right? and yet some posters here claim that there's no preference or bias here on Bluemoon? Not surprised anyway, Raz is one of our highest goal scorers and the shit most users posted here about him was just shocking, reading through some of those posts you would think they were talking about Ali Dia or Charlie Adams.

Last edited:
So the fact that Mahrez is experiencing a dip in form is a good enough reason to destroy him and forget his valuable contributions over the years but Grealish (who has been here for almost 2 seasons and still hasn't proven useful) should be given a pass because, well..he is Superjack, right? and yet some posters here claim that there's no preference or bias here on Bluemoon? Not surprised anyway, Raz is one of our highest goal scorers and the shit most users posted here about him was just shocking, reading through some of those posts you would think they were talking about Ali Dia or Charlie Adams.
Whilst you’re not wrong don’t forget it took 18 months for Mahrez to actually look like he belonged at City. It was only really towards the second half of his second season where he stepped it up

Think he's done well this season, i do like the link up of Grealish - Haaland - Foden. I think that 3 gives a nice balance of power, pace, slowing things down and then being able to speed them up. Last couple of games we've seen him drive inside a lot more, i think for the Leicester game in the second half he was given specific instructions to do that.

Whilst you’re not wrong don’t forget it took 18 months for Mahrez to actually look like he belonged at City. It was only really towards the second half of his second season where he stepped it up
He’s wrong because he thinks Grealish ‘has not been useful’
Now, even if you’re one of those who don’t think he’s ripped up any trees and can improve (which is a fair assessment) to try and say he’s not been useful at all is arguing in bad faith but I wouldn’t expect anything else from that particular poster.

In my opinion there is two visible issues in our current squad, at fullback and our wingers. Getting rid of Sterling and Jesus in the summer meant losing a pace, energy and goals from out wide. Haaland and Foden have stepped up to fill that void but Grealish has continued from last season with 2 contributions being far too little and Mahrez's form has fallen off a cliff.
We really seem to be missing a tricky winger a la sane or an inform sterling that can take a defender on 1v1 and unlock a defence. I'm well aware both those players struggled at times but our attack has looked sterile when haaland hasnt played.
Grealish's recent comments saying he's never been a goals and assists player is worrying as if he was contributing like he did in his last 2 seasons at villa there would be no issues or question marks. At times he does contribute to play enough within games but that alone isn't enough, to justify his fee and to be a player at city we can't have a winger/forward who contributes to goals as much as our CDM or a fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.