10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So unlucky when it comes to goals, but very good performance overall. Now we need him to show some consistency.

I’d love, like really love to just see a bit of praise from the half dozen posters who slag him relentlessly, you know, just for a bit of balance and so it doesn’t look like they don’t like him for reasons not football related…
As someone who has been very critical of him I’m more than happy to say I thought jack played really well tonight. That is the standard now he needs to consistently play at that level. The goals will come if he sustains that level

As someone who has been very critical of him I’m more than happy to say I thought jack played really well tonight. That is the standard now he needs to consistently play at that level. The goals will come if he sustains that level
That’s all I ask for. Doesn’t perform then say so, plays well say so.

Taking the quality of opposition into account this was quite easily jack's best game for us in my opinion. He did everything but score, was a constant threat and teamed up really well with Gomez down the left.
Seemed to have fire in his belly today because he didn't stop being direct and shooting which has been missing for a while. Even if he continues with performances at 75/80% of today's quality.... he'll score goals and get assists and all the talk will go away.

Doesnt work well with Cancelo to his left as they come in each others way. Either needs an over lapping FB if he is to play on the wings or needs to come inside as left sided CM and Foden on LW.
So, your take from tonight after playing great is to tell us what he should be doing? Yeah, this thread should just be set on fire and left to die m.

So, your take from tonight after playing great is to tell us what he should be doing? Yeah, this thread should just be set on fire and left to die m.
No. I think he was pointing out the reason why Grealish played better tonight. He needs an overlapping full back to give him more space to work in and more options, rather than Cancelo occupying his space

No. I think he was pointing out the reason why Grealish played better tonight. He needs an overlapping full back to give him more space to work in and more options, rather than Cancelo occupying his space
It was a league cup game. Formations and players are given instructions that are a bit different to a premier league game. We wouldn’t set up like we did tonight against Chelsea in a league game and unfortunately Jack wouldn’t be given the freedom he was tonight in a game of such importance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.