10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked livelier than anyone when he came on,brought a bit of unpredictability and entertainment......its a shame he didnt have Phil alongside to cause even more havoc.

Looked lively after he came on and I don't think it's a coincidence that with Jack on the pitch Kane started to push a bit further forward. But Southgate can't just stick him on half an hour from the end and hope for a miracle. I get that Grealish has worked as a super-sub for England before, but the qualities he brings were needed all the way through that match.

It's also insane that he and Foden are two talented, creative, attacking players with a great relationship and understanding, who train and play together all year round and that shows in the ease and invention of their interplay on the pitch, and they're in the same national team but are hardly ever given even a few minutes on the pitch together at international level, in a team that often looks painfully disjointed going forward.

Southgate says he plays his back 4 because they have good relationships with each other. Bewildering that he doesn't seem to think that matters further forward.

Nothing to do with patriotism, but I generally can't be bothered watching England, irrrspective of whether our players are included or not, simply because of Southgate and his tactics.

I only saw a bit of the game, but why Mount continues to get games is totally beyond explanation , as his contributions are usually bland and pointless. And yet he is a regular in a team formation, which against hard working but unexceptional teams is usually dour.

Clearly spoiled by watching Pep teams, but with Southgate in charge I am loath to waste my time watching, and then listening to his piss poor explanations for poor team performances of his making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.