10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really convinced by that, to be honest.

Regardless, those two bring infinitely more in other departments.

Anyone even briefly considering dropping Kev for Jack needs to have their head checked, as far as I'm concerned.

Not dropping Kev for Jack but to play alongside him

Not dropping Kev for Jack but to play alongside him

Alright, just so we're relatively on the same page.

The problem there is that Jack doesn't provide the energy and defensive workrate of Bernardo and isn't on the same level when it comes to retaining possession in tight spaces.

He also doesn't provide the goal threat, passing ability or proven experience when it comes to dictating tempo as Gundo. Similar to Bernardo, Grealish simply isn't as good in tight spaces in a congested midfield.

I'm not even posting as a criticism of Grealish but we are talking about exceptional players who have years of consistently performing at an incredible standard in midfield for some of the best sides the league has ever seen.

Where does the clamour for Jack to be starting over any of them in midfield come from? It's not based on anything he's done previously for us, he'd be replacing a top quality player and although I understand some people like to get theoretical about it, Pep Guardiola (who really fucking knows how to run a midfield) doesn't appear to even consider it as an option.

Alright, just so we're relatively on the same page.

The problem there is that Jack doesn't provide the energy and defensive workrate of Bernardo and isn't on the same level when it comes to retaining possession in tight spaces.

He also doesn't provide the goal threat, passing ability or proven experience when it comes to dictating tempo as Gundo. Similar to Bernardo, Grealish simply isn't as good in tight spaces in a congested midfield.

I'm not even posting as a criticism of Grealish but we are talking about exceptional players who have years of consistently performing at an incredible standard in midfield for some of the best sides the league has ever seen.

Where does the clamour for Jack to be starting over any of them in midfield come from? It's not based on anything he's done previously for us, he'd be replacing a top quality player and although I understand some people like to get theoretical about it, Pep Guardiola (who really fucking knows how to run a midfield) doesn't appear to even consider it as an option.
You're first two paragraphs my response is why the heck did we sign him then?

He’s got more energy than Kev and Gundo. He’s excelled in central positions in the past and is good at ball retention.
If he was a better fit than kev and gundo and pep is the messiah, surely he may have played there instead of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.