10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would be brilliant if he had a natural left footed player behind him offering width.
Agreed. I think all of our wide players need a FB that can help them. A wide player that cuts in (such as Grealish and Mahrez) needs a FB that will overlap. A wide player that likes to go down the line (Foden etc) need s FB that can cut in.

At the moment it seems that none of our wide player are getting the support they need to be consistently effective. Hence why they are all a bit hit or miss.

I think Foden and Cancelo were hung out to dry a bit today as Grealish and Mahrez have been as well in recent times.

So if I’m right Jack has set up 3 of our last 4 goals and had a massive hand in the 1 he didn’t get the assist for, and apparently he’s playing shit.

The people saying he's been playing shit are quite fairly referring to the games before the last three, when he managed one goal and no assists in 14 starts.

The pass today was fantastic but the people pretending it invalidates all the criticism of his abysmally bad output throughout the season so far are just grasping at straws. If anything I think it proves his critics right - he's shown today and against Leeds that he can get assists, when he's brave enough to put the crosses in rather than obsess over winning free kicks or passing backwards.

What I'm trying to say is, you don't get to say "see? He has three assists in his last three games! That means everyone who said 0 in 14 wasn't good enough is wrong!"

I like Jack and don’t doubt he will contribute.

Interesting interview where he said Pep told him to be aggressive and take on the FB.

He seemed to really add that impetus when he came on and then he got the assist (although got a little bit of luck on it, I think he was due one).

Felt went back to more conservative once in the lead, but defensively did well and won FK’s at good time.

Hate. Really? Serious question
Seriously. A few on here are pathological about it and Twitter and other social media are awash with some seriously nasty abuse towards him. Thankfully he seems to manage to (mostly) let it wash over him. Although he's made comments that make it clear he definitely knows about it.

How refreshing was that interview on sky. A very likeable lad

It was a typical Jack interview.

He always speaks from the heart,there is no agenda and no edge with the kid.

He only ever wants to improve and better himself,and he cant quite believe his luck.

How folk can dislike such a character is bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.