10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second season finding his feet syndrome.

Happens to the best of them.

Can still do even better but racking up the assists will help.

As things stand, Grealish is more likely to start vs United than Foden. Foden was very poor last night in that he did very, very little and was mostly invisible, just like in the first half at Anfield. In both games, he did very little vs ageing players. The cup games will hopefully help him to regain form. Grealish is in better form right now. His ability to retain the ball may be very useful vs United.

Superb , he terrorised that old twat Azpilicueta , something Phil should have done
Foden skinned him twice in the 10-15 minutes of the second half where we were actually playing with any intensity.

I don’t think Grealish took him
on once to be fair.

Jack’s comments after the game were interesting though, and totally dispel the myth that he’s told not to drive at the fullback.

It was a nice cameo, the momentum had well and truly changed at half time.

Last edited:
Changed the game. Top man who feels privileged playing for City. Others take note

Do people watch the games?? He and Mahrez had literally been on the pitch 2 minutes when we scored..

It’s the kind of knee jerk reaction I’d expect from Keown.

Foden skinned him twice in the 10-15 minutes where we were actually playing with any intensity.

I don’t think Grealish took him
on once to be fair.

Jack’s comments after the game were interesting though, and totally dispel the myth that he’s told not to drive at the fullback.

It was a nice cameo, the momentum had well and truly changed at half time.
It’s a bloody stupid mindset that some of our fans think Pep actually wants him to constantly take a dozen touches when two or one would do, continually pass backwards when a forward pass is on or to go on mazy runs back into our own half and lay it off to a defender instead of attacking the full back.

It’s a bloody stupid mindset that some of our fans think Pep actually wants him to constantly take a dozen touches when two or one would do, continually pass backwards when a forward pass is on or to go on mazy runs back into our own half and lay it off to a defender instead of attacking the full back.

I think much of it is confidence. We don’t often find space easy to come by as a team. Jack seems to be at his best when the game is a little more open.
Last night Chelsea were open and he had a much better game..

Manchester, the North, England can naturally be a miserable place in January, this lad certainly helps and is probably a nice distraction from Bernardo and Co and their partners naturally pining for the sun !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.