10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No mate. That excuse has long gone and you're pretty much raving about him having one half decent performance vs Leeds
For almost the first time with us he got on the end of goal scoring opportunities and fluffed them all badly
The second half he produced two good assists. We have players that do that every fucking game
Pogba was a world beater at united one game in ten. At the moment we'd be happy if Grealish showed anything like that level of consistency
He's been a terrible transfer for us and it's been a very poor move footballing wise for him
I was referring to Chelsea and hardly raving. He could do more for sure but he isn't our biggest problem by any means. You are way overstating things.

I'll judge his transfer after this season. If he pops up with crucial assists/goals in some decisive games in April/May/June, he'll have been worth every penny.

That said, he has no excuses for contributing fewer goals than a fullback, both last and this season. Bernardo isn't the most productive player either, but he is involved in more goals in spite of playing in midfield. It's about time that Jack starts to deliver more goals/assists. Those 3 assists after the WC are a good start.

I'll judge his transfer after this season. If he pops up with crucial assists/goals in some decisive games in April/May/June, he'll have been worth every penny.

That said, he has no excuses for contributing fewer goals than a fullback, both last and this season. Bernardo isn't the most productive player either, but he is involved in more goals in spite of playing in midfield. It's about time that Jack starts to deliver more goals/assists. Those 3 assists after the WC are a good start.
He is averaging about 1 goal and 1 assist every 10 appearances for City. So we should see a couple more before the end of the season. :-)

After which, didn’t he say that Pep has been telling him to be more direct and positive?
Do you mean the interview after Chelsea game? It clearly referred to that game under that situation not about general approach. He only talked about the general requirements from Pep once and it was the interview he took in September, saying it was Pep asking him to keep the ball as long as possible. We don't know the rest.

Last edited:
I wonder if he could play in Kevin’s position. He looked like he’s enjoying his football at the moment

I’d give him a good run of games as a starter.

He is definitely one of the players that always looks hungry to play. You can never felt his effort. He also easily been one of our better players since the World Cup.

Get Phil out of the team for now until he’s as hungry as Grealish to play football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.