10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Grealish should play inside (not wide). At present he receives the ball and comes inside the majority of time reducing the width we play with. And we no proper left back to create the width we seem to clog the midfield up. It also happens with Mahrez but Walker or de Bruyne make the width. I think we do lack real pace that can beyond defences making opposition deeper.

I think you're missing the point... Some of us like to tap around the nail for a bit before smacking it right on the head.

Easily the worst £ for £ signing since takeover.
(With a nod towards the king of bad signings of course... Eliaquim Mangala)
Santa Cruz says hi

Suffers from the Navas first man syndrome. He had some good attacking positions last night and hit the first man every time. He has no idea what to do when he reaches the danger zone

Last night is the sort of game he should be leading by example and taking by the scruff of the neck, he has the experience, ability and has been here long enough.

He has been a huge disappointment as a signing whatever anyone says.
It’s a bit gutting really. I really want him to do well, he comes across as a smashing lad.

Last night was the perfect platform for him to shine: no de Bruyne, no Bernardo, no Mahrez, no Haaland… Jack should have been the man last night, it was on him to make things happen for us, 27 years old, a leaders age, in his prime, huge hype, huge hope for him from our fanbase, there’s supposed to be this great player in there that we’re all waiting to be unleashed… yet he made almost nothing happen.

He didn’t try and make the game his own, he barely came looking for the ball outside his own comfort zone, when he did get the ball he didn’t go at the full back enough, too safe, whenever he got into space he just telegraphed what he was going to do and it got blocked like usual.

I think that’s the most disappointed I’ve been with him since he signed for us.

He wasn’t shit, it’s not like he’s got no quality or gives it away all the time or owt… he just doesn't do enough.

It’s a bit gutting really. I really want him to do well, he comes across as a smashing lad.

Last night was the perfect platform for him to shine: no de Bruyne, no Bernardo, no Mahrez, no Haaland… Jack should have been the man last night, it was on him to make things happen for us, 27 years old, a leaders age, in his prime, huge hype, huge hope for him from our fanbase, there’s supposed to be this great player in there that we’re all waiting to be unleashed… yet he made almost nothing happen.

He didn’t try and make the game his own, he barely came looking for the ball outside his own comfort zone, when he did get the ball he didn’t go at the full back enough, too safe, whenever he got into space he just telegraphed what he was going to do and it got blocked like usual.

I think that’s the most disappointed I’ve been with him since he signed for us.

He wasn’t shit, it’s not like he’s got no quality or gives it away all the time or owt… he just doesn't do enough.
Grealish seems a bag of nerves when he gets in a threatening position. He snatched at that great chance. When he shoots his head is always going back instead of focusing on the ball. It's bizzare for someone with such good close control that he doesn't have a proper shooting technique. I thought he would be a good signing, especially for the tight matches in Europe where we need to keep the ball and slow things down but it just hasn't happened.

I think Grealish and Philips are both good PL players and are useful squad players for us.

The reality is that both players were playing for lower half PL clubs in their mid-20s with zero experience of European football. They were never going to take us to the next level. They are the signings you make to try and break into the top 4, not signings to conquer Europe.

I think Grealish and Philips are both good PL players and are useful squad players for us.

The reality is that both players were playing for lower half PL clubs in their mid-20s with zero experience of European football. They were never going to take us to the next level. They are the signings you make to try and break into the top 4, not signings to conquer Europe.
When we signed him, he’d played more games in the Championship than the Premier League. And it shows.

Maybe Grealish should play inside (not wide). At present he receives the ball and comes inside the majority of time reducing the width we play with. And we no proper left back to create the width we seem to clog the midfield up. It also happens with Mahrez but Walker or de Bruyne make the width. I think we do lack real pace that can beyond defences making opposition deeper.

No doubt Grealish is struggling to play anywhere near his best while hugging the line. He does play better on the inside almost between the width of the penalty area. Will Pep ever release him and let him roam I rather doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.