10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to look dangerous when he cuts in at speed. Just needs to calm himself down and make the right pass.

Loved his nailing hit on Son in the first half.
Yep, his decision making isn't free flowing.
I think he avoids mistakes too much and should trust his intuition and have a quicker release, more one touch passes into the box, the defence will make mistakes too.

A flat first half I thought but much better second
I mean he created 3 opportunities first half which all resulted in shots aswell as chasing son back to make that vital challenge… it really wasn’t that flat at all.

He’s the perfect outball, as much as I like ake next to him giving him the ball a lot… (much more than cancelo for example) I’d still like to see someone come in for Gomez and then ship Sergio out on loan somewhere.

I’ve never understood his tentativeness sometimes when on the ball. Look at his performance tonight! Got past his man with ease, often. Keep it up Jack you’ve really got something going now

Turned on the after burners and caught Son. Timed his tackle well too. Gave real effort. Final ball wasn’t really there but he kept at it.

Not spoken about enough but his first touch at times is sublime.

Have seen the lad play for a quite a long time, whether it’s villa, england or city he improves every team he plays in with or without goals and assists.

We seen an example of that last year against United. Ran the show with no G+A to show for it. This year he got the goal and was probs our best player when he come on but ends up on the losing side and certain posters go missing again…

Gives 100 per cent every time he’s on the pitch.

Ever since that awful Dortmund performance, it's like Pep has just given him the green light to go at guys and turn the pressure up. He looks so much more comfortable in the team now.

The home game against United and the Carabao Cup match vs Chelsea were 2 standout performances.

Thought he had a good game. He’s been one of our better players in the last month.

My only gripe is that he should sometimes try to beat defenders both ways, not just cutting inside all the time to carry the ball or pass. He could keep defenders guessing more by being more confident about taking them on the outside too.

I noticed Pep was fuming at one point and screamed at him for it tonight, with hand gestures to tell him he should’ve gone down the line instead of cutting inside

He has a decent left foot delivery sometimes, so he should use it more often. At worst, you’ll probably win a few corners from it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.