10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's playing very well but I think sometimes the job he's being asked to do is making him nervous of trying anything spectacular, I'd love to see him given a bit more freedom, he's too good to just have stood out wide waiting for a cross field pass once every few minutes imo, if he could make more of those runs round players rather than cutting in and start taking shots from round the box I think he would be more appreciated

Liked his performance in the 2nd half. Much more aggressive with his dribbling and taking more risks on the attack. He is actually an excellent dribbler, I just wish he realize that about himself more often.
He realized fully when he was at Villa.

I'm not his biggest fan by any means but he has stepped it up last few games. Still need to see more from him though - like him being a difference maker in a crucial games.

He still lacks cutting edge in the final third but im starting to think thats more down to the system now, he's been asked to play too wide.

Right now he is deservedly first choice for LW just based on the passion and heart hes showing.

I'm not his biggest fan by any means but he has stepped it up last few games. Still need to see more from him though - like him being a difference maker in a crucial games.
I thought he made a difference tonight. A lot of good stuff came from the space he was creating, even when they had two on him. I think fans expect the buccaneering, swashbuckling and cavalier approach which he delivered at Villa but we play a different game. I was delighted with his performance tonight. Perhaps, we want an 11-0 scoreline where everyone gets a goal, even Eddie - I know I do!

He still lacks cutting edge in the final third but im starting to think thats more down to the system now

It's not, he's just incredibly indecisive when it comes to making the last action. Similar to Sterling, he seems to be more of a reactive dribbler rather than a proactive one.

That's a confidence thing and not a system thing. You can see him right now improving game by game and once he's in full flow I think this whole "the system is holding him back" thing will die off, finally.

It's not, he's just incredibly indecisive when it comes to making the last action. Similar to Sterling, he seems to be more of a reactive dribbler rather than a proactive one.

That's a confidence thing and not a system thing. You can see him right now improving game by game and once he's in full flow I think this whole "the system is holding him back" thing will die off, finally.
Yes, he's still very poor in the box, but he's playing againts 2 defenders at times with no fullback overlap or support, unlike Mahrez he's not a natural wide attacker.

Starting to see him grow into his role more and more, once he has a proper left back to overlap and take one defender away from him he should start getting better chances.

Several times lately he's been running through the defence on the counter and opted to try and win a free-kick instead of make the forward pass. Needs to cut that out, as when the referee doesn't see it as a foul it just gives possession right back.

Several times lately he's been running through the defence on the counter and opted to try and win a free-kick instead of make the forward pass. Needs to cut that out, as when the referee doesn't see it as a foul it just gives possession right back.
Has that pass definitely been on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.