10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better tonight but there’s still more in there that needs to come out.

It was good to see him be more forthright in his play tonight but how many times should he just have let loose and shoot yet he just took one or two extra touches or tried to cross it? There was a 3 v 2 attack when Mahrez was clean through and he took the wrong option to pass to Alvarez.

But overall that was much better tonight. He got back and made challenges, he attacked the full back, he was up for the challenge, he was positive, he was exciting to watch (which hasn’t always been the case).

Let’s take it to that next level now!

Thought he had a good game. He’s been one of our better players in the last month.

My only gripe is that he should sometimes try to beat defenders both ways, not just cutting inside all the time to carry the ball or pass. He could keep defenders guessing more by being more confident about taking them on the outside too.

I noticed Pep was fuming at one point and screamed at him for it tonight, with hand gestures to tell him he should’ve gone down the line instead of cutting inside

He has a decent left foot delivery sometimes, so he should use it more often. At worst, you’ll probably win a few corners from it too.

It won’t help that the one time he went down the line last night he ended up in with the cameramen pitchside!!

Liked his performance in the 2nd half. Much more aggressive with his dribbling and taking more risks on the attack. He is actually an excellent dribbler, I just wish he realize that about himself more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.