10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
in our team he looks bang average

I thought at the end of last season he showed snippets of what he can bring to the team but he kinda reverted back to the low risk play. he is a very skilled footballer, no doubt, but his end product is still lacking.
I usually don't use G/A to judge players. But if Halaand headed that ball into the net Grealish would get an assist...

It is not only about his personal end product - it is about the team's end product and what he brings to that.

There is no one in our squad who retains the ball as well as Jack. Ball retention and the manipulation of space is the key to Pep's system.

That is why we paid the fee and Pep is happy.
I would hate to think Pep paid 100m for ball retention, Nasri was probably the best with ball retention and I don't think he cost half of what was paid for Super Jack. Nasri also got some match winning goals into the mix but I really don't want to talk about Jack and his match winning contributions.

I would hate to think Pep paid 100m for ball retention, Nasri was probably the best with ball retention and I don't think he cost half of what was paid for Super Jack. Nasri also got some match winning goals into the mix but I really don't want to talk about Jack and his match winning contributions.

It’s Grealish’s own fault - he should have gone somewhere that would have built the team around him and allowed him to play fun, spontaneous football rather than being used for nothing more than ball retention and recycling.

One of the manifold issues of the modern 24hr news cycle, and the excess of social media, is that stats are spat out unrelentingly by detractors to prove their flimsy points. You can't get away from them; stat, stat, stat. Now to some degree those stats are meaningful, a striker's goal stats will always quantify how good they really are. But there is an obsession with attaching stats to all players, and Jack Grealish, in a word, is not a "stat" player.

Let me assert, for the sake of anyone reading this with lingering doubts, Jack Grealish is a f*****g exceptional footballer. He is. Watch that second goal on Sunday. He carries and shields the ball before finding the opportune time to release it in field to Rodri. The consequence? A shit load of space opens up in the middle for Kev to thread a pass into Haaland. We all know what happened next. Point being, Jack won't get any stat for that key involvement. We are well tuned machine, Jack is a machine part performing a specific function. I don't need stats to see his function; I use the eyes God gave me to see that he is oftentimes a beautiful footballer. Of course, we need to see more performances like the one on Sunday, and if we do, he'll leave here a veritable success.

Those hoping to see the Jack from Villa are going to be in for a long wait. He's maturing as a player under Pep. He's no longer the v5 engine of a team, he's a machine part. And personally, I think he's doing fine.

Its amazing how many fans, and worryingly city fans on here, continuously quote “he’s not worth £100m”. £100m was his release clause, not his worth. Its what we HAD to pay to get him

Prick that sits near me continuously quotes the £100m figure whilst throwing in ,”for £100m he should be dribbling past 4 players and bagging. Should be scoring 25 goals a season”.

Its fucking painful to listen to it

Its amazing how many fans, and worryingly city fans on here, continuously quote “he’s not worth £100m”. £100m was his release clause, not his worth. Its what we HAD to pay to get him

Prick that sits near me continuously quotes the £100m figure whilst throwing in ,”for £100m he should be dribbling past 4 players and bagging. Should be scoring 25 goals a season”.

Youre banging your head,pal.

100m is their favourite stick.

Yeah I agree with you on that. Whilst I'm unconvinced that Grealish is good enough for us and we probably paid double what he's worth, it's not his fault we paid that much for him and it's unfair to have unrealistic expectations of him based on a fee that he had no control over.

It’s Grealish’s own fault - he should have gone somewhere that would have built the team around him and allowed him to play fun, spontaneous football rather than being used for nothing more than ball retention and recycling.
I'm seeing nothing from him that suggests he's regretting moving or the way he's being used since he got here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.