10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount if stick he takes from opposition right backs is ridiculous , the yard dog right back for Fulham just took every opportunity to go right through the back of him and oush him around with little protection from the officials . It finally boiled over in the 2nd half , because Jack stands up for himslef and has a breaking point , if the ref had booked the dirty Fulham bastard in the first ten minutes the confrontation between them would never have happened.
He is teaching other teams how to play him in an era of letting more petty stuff go. Today, he ran into trouble running across the field in front of our defence, but was constantly trying to draw the foul rather than simply control & distribute.

His finishing needs some real work, far too often he gets a clean shot at goal from a decent angle and puts it straight at the keeper without much power.

I suspect that was the cause of most of his frustration rather than anything Tete was doing compared to most fullbacks he plays.
For someone who is so technically gifted it seems really odd that his shooting technique is so poor

His holdup play was useful in seeing the game out and that cross to set up the penalty was beautiful but..

I have no doubt Phil would have finished one of those chances.

When he’s on it, Phil is probably the second best finisher at the club, he’s scored some incredible goals from tight angles and little first time flicks.

When he’s on it, Phil is probably the second best finisher at the club, he’s scored some incredible goals from tight angles and little first time flicks.
He's also got an almost innate ability to create time and space for his shot that I don't think can be taught. Hence why Grealish's shot is almost always blocked by defenders.

I really hope long term he's in KDB's position. He's too good to be stuck out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.