10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he played well . I just wished he’d smashed one in after the thuggish bastards had kicked him all over the shop.

Imo he really needs a fullback overlap as he’s always coming inside and taking two men. We just don’t play that way but maybe if Cucurella or another LB comes we can run a man outside him and open up more options for him
Agree, having Cucurella will a big inclusion for Jack.

He'll then have options to:
-draw the defence and send Cucu for a free cross into the box for Haaland
-fake the pass to Cucu and cut inside himself to either put Haaland through or have a shot himself

I love that fire in him, and that he seems to mostly know when to use it.

When he's got a snarl on his face he plays dynamic and aggressive and he's all the better for it.

played well but need to improve on finishing.

His finishing i'm afraid will be like that, i will see nothing to be improved on that. In Villa he never be seen as goal scoring machine, why he suddenly changes that once joining City.

And besides that's not the reason of why Board and Pep buy him in the first place.

Couple good dribbles (one in the first, one in the second...)

Two KEY passes - one for Bernardo and one for KDB when he scored that goal..

Number of good carries with the ball, when he helped to retain and possess...

But we need more from Jack, it's not enough...

Mahrez didn't do much either, except that beautiful assist, but Mahrez is already accomplished player, we know his ups and downs and everything there is to know..

But Jack still has to prove a lots of things and we need to see that, have a close look at his "Arsenal" or "attributes"..

And I noticed that he still plays with the pressure all the time.. Every other player seems relaxed, but Jack seems to be having this "I have to prove things" moment and that disturbs him to play his best football.. Hopefully when Haaland is on the pitch, he will loose that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.