10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple good dribbles (one in the first, one in the second...)

Two KEY passes - one for Bernardo and one for KDB when he scored that goal..

Number of good carries with the ball, when he helped to retain and possess...

But we need more from Jack, it's not enough...

Mahrez didn't do much either, except that beautiful assist, but Mahrez is already accomplished player, we know his ups and downs and everything there is to know..

But Jack still has to prove a lots of things and we need to see that, have a close look at his "Arsenal" or "attributes"..

And I noticed that he still plays with the pressure all the time.. Every other player seems relaxed, but Jack seems to be having this "I have to prove things" moment and that disturbs him to play his best football.. Hopefully when Haaland is on the pitch, he will loose that..

Clearly fouled for 1 maybe 2 penalties.

Not happy with his attitude yesterday based on highlights. He is so, so easy to wind up and channels his anger in all the wrong directions. He needs to learn to handle frustration and focus on his job rather than chasing referees or getting into fights. He is a senior player now, not a kid, and we need him to lead by example.

I'm backing him to have a big year but I've no patience for that bullshit. Grow up.

Not happy with his attitude yesterday based on highlights. He is so, so easy to wind up and channels his anger in all the wrong directions. He needs to learn to handle frustration and focus on his job rather than chasing referees or getting into fights. He is a senior player now, not a kid, and we need him to lead by example.

I'm backing him to have a big year but I've no patience for that bullshit. Grow up.
Eh? Don't think I ever saw Grealish get wound up last season. He wound up Leeds and Atleti to the point where they had players booked and, in Leeds' case, injured and out for the season. He was having ten sheds kicked out of him last night and then their goalie decided to start a fight with him for some reason. Only right that he stands up for himself. He immediately backed off and never raised his hands. Seems fair enough.

Couple good dribbles (one in the first, one in the second...)

Two KEY passes - one for Bernardo and one for KDB when he scored that goal..

Number of good carries with the ball, when he helped to retain and possess...

But we need more from Jack, it's not enough...

Mahrez didn't do much either, except that beautiful assist, but Mahrez is already accomplished player, we know his ups and downs and everything there is to know..

But Jack still has to prove a lots of things and we need to see that, have a close look at his "Arsenal" or "attributes"..

And I noticed that he still plays with the pressure all the time.. Every other player seems relaxed, but Jack seems to be having this "I have to prove things" moment and that disturbs him to play his best football.. Hopefully when Haaland is on the pitch, he will loose that..

You want him to prove himself when he plays, but not play as if he has to prove himself?

We don't ask much of our players, do we?!

Not enough for him to try desperately to influence the game and earn his place and prove his value, he has to do that while looking like he's not trying that hard (but not so little that we come along and tear him apart for not looking like he's trying enough).

He gets the shit kicked out of him most games and almost every game you can guarantee he will be very blatantly fouled and it won't be given. It' getting beyond farcical. He's arguably done well so far not to lose his cool completely. Pep needs to highlight this if it carries on into next season, Ferguson would have highlighted it long ago. Screams of us being too nice and not wanting to upset people again, but even some commentators began to comment on how ridiculous it was him not getting the fouls last season.

Pleased to see him expressing himself a bit more as a player in those clip (FWIW being a pre season friendly). I'm also pleased to see him becoming mates with Haaland, who I think could be a big positive influence him for numerous reasons (professionalism, attitude, and just being a top player). I'm hoping Haaland can have a similar effect on Jack (and his attitude) that Ruben had on Stones

Eh? Don't think I ever saw Grealish get wound up last season. He wound up Leeds and Atleti to the point where they had players booked and, in Leeds' case, injured and out for the season. He was having ten sheds kicked out of him last night and then their goalie decided to start a fight with him for some reason. Only right that he stands up for himself. He immediately backed off and never raised his hands. Seems fair enough.

He did not immediately back off at all. He got absolutely drawn in when they were looking for that reaction. It's stupid. At one point he stopped playing and followed the ref around complaining about a penalty decision while the rest of the team was still playing, leaving them a man down.

If I play 11 aside with someone like that it pisses me off big time. The other players aren't his water carriers.

I knew this post would get reactions like this. He can stand up for himself, sure, but he gets too distracted by it. He will get himself sent off this season the way he's going.

He did not immediately back off at all. He got absolutely drawn in when they were looking for that reaction. It's stupid. At one point he stopped playing and followed the ref around complaining about a penalty decision while the rest of the team was still playing, leaving them a man down.

If I play 11 aside with someone like that it pisses me off big time. The other players aren't his water carriers.

I knew this post would get reactions like this. He can stand up for himself, sure, but he gets too distracted by it. He will get himself sent off this season the way he's going.
Nah.

If you had literally any evidence of this being a problem in Grealish's game then I'd be more inclined to listen to you, but you're miles off. 122 PL appearances, no red cards. He's received two red cards in his whole career - both were very soft double yellows back when he was 19 and 21 years old.

Remember when he was punched in the back of the head by a Birmingham fan at St. Andrews (who was then jailed for 4 months) during a big derby game and then picked himself back up to score the winner? Probably not, because it doesn't fit this bizarre picture you've painted with next to no evidence.

Last edited:
You want him to prove himself when he plays, but not play as if he has to prove himself?

We don't ask much of our players, do we?!

Not enough for him to try desperately to influence the game and earn his place and prove his value, he has to do that while looking like he's not trying that hard (but not so little that we come along and tear him apart for not looking like he's trying enough).

Same was happening with Mahrez I guess.. In 2019 / 2020 he was trying too much and couldn't..
In first season he had less time and was a substitute to Sane / Sterling / Bernardo..

But since 2020 / 2021 Mahrez has stopped trying much and he has learned to play efficiently. You don't see Mahrez carrying the ball too much or playing individually, but there are moments in the game, when he gets the ball, feels the space and opportunity and does his 100000% to use that chance and that's how I guess he improved his individual statistics last year..

Jack should play in the same manner.. Be quiet, disciplined, be involved in the team-play but once he feels there is that exact moment and opportunity he is able to seize, that's when he should use his whole energy and grab the goal or assist or whatever..

That calmness is already part of Mahrez's game, Jack still hasn't got it.. Even young Foden plays like that and many of our players.. Jack still hasn't got that sense of smell and he always tries to overachieve...

But talent is there, very quality player, needs time I guess..

Jack's fine on the discipline front. If you get kicked repeatedly you have to make your point. It never results in him losing his head or getting sent off. De Bruyne can be petulant and whingeing at teammates for mistakes or to the ref. Doesn't make him a liability or a bad player. It's part of the passion that drives them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.