10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happy with his attitude yesterday based on highlights. He is so, so easy to wind up and channels his anger in all the wrong directions. He needs to learn to handle frustration and focus on his job rather than chasing referees or getting into fights. He is a senior player now, not a kid, and we need him to lead by example.

I'm backing him to have a big year but I've no patience for that bullshit. Grow up.
Highlights, eh?

He gets the shit kicked out of him most games and almost every game you can guarantee he will be very blatantly fouled and it won't be given. It' getting beyond farcical. He's arguably done well so far not to lose his cool completely. Pep needs to highlight this if it carries on into next season, Ferguson would have highlighted it long ago. Screams of us being too nice and not wanting to upset people again, but even some commentators began to comment on how ridiculous it was him not getting the fouls last season.
Totally agree with this.....the treatment he received and lack of protection from the ref last night was a joke

Not happy with his attitude yesterday based on highlights. He is so, so easy to wind up and channels his anger in all the wrong directions. He needs to learn to handle frustration and focus on his job rather than chasing referees or getting into fights. He is a senior player now, not a kid, and we need him to lead by example.

I'm backing him to have a big year but I've no patience for that bullshit. Grow up.
Bollocks

It's funny reading the takes from those who obviously don't like him.
He was one of the best players on the pitch last night but let's not focus on that, let's focus on imaginary issues to save giving him some credit.

I have him in my fantasy team and I'm backing him to have a big season, so criticism from me is nothing to do with disliking him. He's really relatable and seems to be great for the dressing room. Wearing blue to Maguire's wedding was a lovely touch. I like him a lot.

I think it's too easy to dismiss someone who criticises as a hater. I could just as easily say praise is just from fanboys who are blinded by Jack's cheeky chappy have a beer one of the lads character.

But that would be bollocks.

Eh? Don't think I ever saw Grealish get wound up last season. He wound up Leeds and Atleti to the point where they had players booked and, in Leeds' case, injured and out for the season. He was having ten sheds kicked out of him last night and then their goalie decided to start a fight with him for some reason. Only right that he stands up for himself. He immediately backed off and never raised his hands. Seems fair enough.
He doesn’t want to fight
Remember he has a beautiful symmetrical face
Can’t damage that fighting

It's funny reading the takes from those who obviously don't like him.
He was one of the best players on the pitch last night but let's not focus on that, let's focus on imaginary issues to save giving him some credit.
Aren't you the guy who wanted shot of KDB last season?
Don't dislike Grealish. Love the stuff he is doing off the pitch for charity etc. He is basically a good guy.
On the pitch is another matter. Last night was a good performance in many ways but still displayed some of the issues from last year (carrying the ball too far and not releasing when needed etc.) I have no issues with his discipline. He got kicked all over the pitch last night. It seems his very presence winds up some other teams (a good thing... A bit like Mario)
I hope the JG the fanboys were promising but didn't show last season puts in a regular appearance this season. Club first, player second, always.

[Snip]...[End snip]

And I noticed that he still plays with the pressure all the time.. Every other player seems relaxed, but Jack seems to be having this "I have to prove things" moment and that disturbs him to play his best football.. Hopefully when Haaland is on the pitch, he will loose that..

Not really surprising that he still seems to be playing under pressure all the time when even the fans of his team pick a good performance apart like this. If he wasn't being ceaselessly criticised all over the place he might feel a bit more able to "relax". I've lost hope that many City fans will properly support him though, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.