10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa under Dean Smith won an average of 0.9 points per game without Jack, and 1.5 points per game with him.

We have a better group of players and a better manager by far, and I think there's multiple factors at work leading to the points dropped in his absence. It's definitely not as simple as we just need to play Jack and we win.

But he's got form for making a team play better, way above and beyond his individual goal contributions. I think we see it for England too.

Aston Villa under Dean Smith won an average of 0.9 points per game without Jack, and 1.5 points per game with him.

We have a better group of players and a better manager by far, and I think there's multiple factors at work leading to the points dropped in his absence. It's definitely not as simple as we just need to play Jack and we win.

But he's got form for making a team play better, way above and beyond his individual goal contributions. I think we see it for England too.

Yep.

Like the "dropping points when Grealish hasn't played" stat above, correlation does not imply causation and there are multiple other factors.

I've also seen it on here (I think on here but might have been elsewhere) that last season we did better in the league with him rather than without him. Simply, that's false information.

22 games he started we were W15 D5 L2 (ppg 2.27)
18 games he didn't start we were W14 D1 L1 (ppg 2.68)

Again, correlation isn't causation so a case of "so what" for me.

Edit: slight typo - should read
22 games he started we were W15 D5 L2 (ppg 2.27)
16 games he didn't start we were W14 D1 L1 (ppg 2.68)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.