10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree that was his instruction yesterday, question is why is that always his instruction yet Doku has come in and been allowed to run non stop at his fullback regardless of if he loses us possession, a freedom Jack has never been allowed.
A thousand times this. He was electric and fearless at Villa yet has never been allowed to play that way at City. Doku comes in and plays with complete freedom. Rash shots on goal leading to goal kicks? No problem.

If I were Grealish, I'd be absolutely fuming.

I wonder what word he’d have used to label Andy Morrison

Watching the replay on the big screen of Doku showing that brilliant piece of skill to get to the byline and cross for Alvarez, the guy next to me says “We’ll soon coach that out of him” !!

Maybe we will or maybe Pep’s evolving the role of wingers again - who knows
If so, hopefully he'll let Jack know.

I hope Jack will try to do what Doku has done in second 5

its doesn't require Leroy's pace or Messi's control, its just a will to take the risk and act quickly

I feel Jack main concern when he has the ball is " don't lose it "

While Doku main concern is " lets cause trouble "

And whose fault is that? There's one man who reigns supreme at City and it's Pep. This is on him and his instructions.

Maybe Doku's arrival means Grealish will move inside.
One would hope but Pep doesn't seem to be showing any intention of trying that. I have no clue why except that Pep values Jack's "boring" sacrificial role a lot more than most City fans seem to.

And yet, that's apparently exactly what's happened. Or, at least, Doku hadn't been told that caution and ball retention is the priority.
Exactly this.

We signed Grealish for his ball retention, progressive dribbles, and ability to attract defenders.

We signed Doku for his explosive speed and ability to beat a man.

Pep is coaching them to accentuate the skills we hired them for.

I know which player I'd want to bring on to close out a tight 1 goal lead and which player I'd want to bring on when chasing a 1 goal deficit. I know which player I'd want to bring on to deal with an attacking forward thinking fullback and which I'd want to bring on against a slower traditional defender in a flat back four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.