10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A moment when he came on summed up his time with us, we broke away down the left, he got the ball and took on his full back, Foden and Haaland steaming into the penalty area and were free of defenders and what did Jack do, cut inside and pass the ball sideways, FFS, you could hear the Crowd of the ground from 5000 miles away.

He has serious competition from Doku, who is an unpolished diamond, if that lad can sort out his final pass/shot he is going to be a major star.
I was heartily applauding that same decision from Jack. Rather than launching a speculative ball to the far post and risking leaving us open to a counter attack at a time when we were looking leggy and vulnerable on the break he did the sensible thing and retained possession.

Our ability to control the game is what puts us head and shoulders above the rest. Jack’s understanding and application of Pep’s “pausa” tactics is exemplary and it’s why he was a key cog in the machine that won us the treble.

Doku shows promise but he’s nowhere near the level we require yet . Pep’s trying out new things at a time of the season when mistakes and losses aren’t so crucial. Come the business end of the season Jack will be back in the thick of things.

I'm not sure Jack has the burst of pace from a standing start, that Doku has.

I agree that once he gets going, Jack could do a bit more to at least move the ball a yard to get the odd cross in, but Jack is almost the right hand side equivalent of what Bernardo does on the left, ball retention with the odd venture of beating his man.

I think we all need to get comfortable with the fact that they're two different players, playing in the same position. The same way that Dias and Stones are both centre halves, but have quite large differences in their qualities.
A quick Google suggests that Grealish’ top speed (32.1kmph) is quicker than Doku (31.5).

Doku’s acceleration is far quicker though and he can chop in and out more.

Grealish is the antithesis, so we couldn’t have more different left sided options, which can only be a good thing.

I was heartily applauding that same decision from Jack. Rather than launching a speculative ball to the far post and risking leaving us open to a counter attack at a time when we were looking leggy and vulnerable on the break he did the sensible thing and retained possession.

Our ability to control the game is what puts us head and shoulders above the rest. Jack’s understanding and application of Pep’s “pausa” tactics is exemplary and it’s why he was a key cog in the machine that won us the treble.

Doku shows promise but he’s nowhere near the level we require yet . Pep’s trying out new things at a time of the season when mistakes and losses aren’t so crucial. Come the business end of the season Jack will be back in the thick of things.
I understand what your saying but I thought that was a moment when you go for the pass/cross, is was one defender against 2 attackers, it was a great chance to kill the game off and the reaction of Haaland and Foden said a lot for me.

Grealish has the ability to pick out a player in the box but sadly we rarely get to see it.

Agree they're different however based on his play at villa Jack is certainly capable of running at players and beating them but has never been allowed that freedom here, yet strangley Doku has since day 1.
Playing in two totally different systems, where at Villa they probably played on the counter attack more so he had more space to operate in.

At City its all tight spaces, and facing a full back who is normally about 20 yards from his goal, and doesn't move! He just doesn't have the quick movement to work in those areas, but can play 1-2s etc using his technical ability.

A quick Google suggests that Grealish’ top speed (32.1kmph) is quicker than Doku (31.5).

Doku’s acceleration is far quicker though and he can chop in and out more.

Grealish is the antithesis, so we couldn’t have more different left sided options, which can only be a good thing.
He's deceptively quick once he gets going, but very rarely has the luxury of having the space to run into due to constant low blocks etc

Maybe, but I doubt it. He’s never done it before nor since. We’ve had other players out of their depth that haven’t been labelled as fat.
I wonder what word he’d have used to label Andy Morrison
I understand what your saying but I thought that was a moment when you go for the pass/cross, is was one defender against 2 attackers, it was a great chance to kill the game off and the reaction of Haaland and Foden said a lot for me.

Grealish has the ability to pick out a player in the box but sadly we rarely get to see it.
Watching the replay on the big screen of Doku showing that brilliant piece of skill to get to the byline and cross for Alvarez, the guy next to me says “We’ll soon coach that out of him” !!

Maybe we will or maybe Pep’s evolving the role of wingers again - who knows

I hope Jack will try to do what Doku has done in second 5

its doesn't require Leroy's pace or Messi's control, its just a will to take the risk and act quickly

I feel Jack main concern when he has the ball is " don't lose it "

While Doku main concern is " lets cause trouble "

I hope Jack will try to do what Doku has done in second 5

its doesn't require Leroy's pace or Messi's control, its just a will to take the risk and act quickly

I feel Jack main concern when he has the ball is " don't lose it "

While Doku main concern is " lets cause trouble "

Jack thinks that because it Peps instructions to him, he has never been given the freedom pep seems willing to give Doku

Jack Grealish have good Pace and Techniques but He
is not good with Dribblings He always run with the Ball
and give the Pass back to the next Player to a Winger....
But Jack Grealish is ok He is amazing Player but His Dribblings
must become better i followed all the Games of this Season of
Manchester City and i must say Jack Grealish never do 1 VS 1 Dribblings....

Jack thinks that because it Peps instructions to him, he has never been given the freedom pep seems willing to give Doku

Pep may ask a defender or DM not to take risks, but It doesn't make sense to tell Doku you run forward and try to create chances while you Jack just retain the ball and pass it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.