10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget that we lost Mahrez and got Doku, which means that those Mahrez minutes will be played by Doku..

That 'treble system' with Bernardo-Grealish wings and KDB-Haaland-Alvarez/Foden upfront or KDB-Haaland and Kovacic in middle, I believe will still be our lethal weapon in the big games, but there are games when we don't need that kind of tactical complexity and team should play more simple, more 'Delphesc' basic football, so that's where we need Doku and needed Mahrez in the past.

In overall I don't see why people compare Jack and Doku.

Jack is still Jack, player who was the important part of our treble winning team and did his job properly.

Doku is great winger, who replaced as important goal contributor as Mahrez was and we are lucky, that this transfer worked out so well, in such a little period of time.

Let's not worry who plays more and who plays better, it's important that both of them are needed and will be used by Pep properly to keep winning and winning.

I don't need to spin anything,Pep has explained many times what Grealish gives with control and keeping posession. Take it or leave it, doubt Pep or Grealish care that much.
That’s true and he’s very good at it but with a 3 v 2 and only a goal lead you have to look to play the pass and finish the game. There is a big difference between that and losing the ball in your own half or dribbling against a couple of players whilst you’re trying to see a game out.

That’s true and he’s very good at it but with a 3 v 2 and only a goal lead you have to look to play the pass and finish the game. There is a big difference between that and losing the ball in your own half or dribbling against a couple of players whilst you’re trying to see a game out.
There isn't a big difference to us,our biggest vulnerability isn't losing the ball in our half it's losing the ball up the field and a fast counter getting in behind the high line. The most dangerous place for us to lose the ball is around the opposition box. That's why Pep probably put Grealish on when he did.

There isn't a big difference to us,our biggest vulnerability isn't losing the ball in our half it's losing the ball up the field and a fast counter getting in behind the high line. The most dangerous place for us to lose the ball is around the opposition box. That's why Pep probably put Grealish on when he did.
Spot on. Lose the ball in our half and the team is prepared. Lose it high in the opposition end and we are vulnerable.

Clearly see why Jack was brought on and it was proven to be the correct decision.

I disagree when it’s us on the counter with a 3 v 2. Be clinical and win the match. Plus we still had 8 back

We did win the match. I get your argument but if we have the ball we don't give any chance to the opposition.

Doing as you wished introduces an unnecessary risk.
A simple pass to put someone clean through is not unnecessary risk to but we’ll agree to disagree. In general obviously i take your point about keeping the ball late on when a goal up just not in that instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.