10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think he did a whole lot of wrong, was just toothless overall.

Doku should be starting over him for now, just for having a better season so far, but you'd get pelters on here for even suggesting that.

I agree with this but the big problem is that the games where we need Jack are seemingly getting less and less. Currently I would have Doku playing in every home game given that nearly all opposition will set up ultra defensive. I would pick Doku in all but 5 or 6 PL away games for the same reason. Grealish would get the nod in big away games in both the PL and CL as he gives us more control, something we would definitely want somewhere like Anfield or in the Bernabeu. The problem here is that we have a £100m player that is looking at being 1st choice for approx 10 games per season…it’s nowhere near enough.

Grealish needs to snap out of this meh level of performance. He has talked openly himself that he isn’t scoring/assisting enough and yet I don’t see any discernible changes to his game that is going to up his output. He is far too negative on the ball and too predictable (slow it down, chop inside, go back, rinse/repeat). Hes not scored since April, and while I don’t expect 20 goals a season from him, zero in 7 months makes him as dangerous as our GK…it’s not remotely good enough.

Most see it as a simple Grealish v Doku debate, but at the moment, Grealish wouldn’t deserve a place in the side even if Doku was still in France.
Then we start Jeremy for the time being and make Jack work for it. Jeremy is not a machine, either. He is a young lad, and he will need to be managed carefully. He has a history of various injury issues as well.

I just don't see a problem, and price tags don't matter as far as team selection is concerned. Both can get enough game time, IMO.

Reading some of these comments I might as well be in Rag Cafe. Main takeaways:

- He cost £100m and isn’t worth it
- Doku is bEtTeR
- City don’t need Grealish
- Grealish is average
- Grealish is an alcoholic which is why he hurt his leg in a game against Sheffield and got a sickness bug
- He cost £100m and isn’t worth it

Jesus Christ did the Treble not happen?

Most of the supportive takes for Grealish on social media these days appear to come from fans of other clubs rather than our own. Even they can see his potential but very few City fans want to even consider the thought that he has been specifically coached to play like he does for two years and now Pep is treating the new winger differently.

I think it's time for Grealish to come into the 10 now, looks more dangerous in the central areas for me. Hell, he looked decent when he went out to the right wing a few games ago.

Been drinking too much? Rumours the latest injury was due to alcohol again
If he'd turned up on matchday pissed or hungover Pep would have catapulted him off the roof of the stadium. Remember last season when he publicly benched Foden and Jack during that Newcastle game for a bit of misbehaviour? And in 2018 when Mendy was reprimanded for going to that boxing match. Or even when he publicly froze out Nasri and Phillips for being overweight. If Jack had been on the booze before Liverpool he would have had nothing to do with the Leipzig game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.